Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup dedicated to improving multi-modal travel. Over the past five years, we have been able to establish Wanderu as the leading ground travel search platform in North America through a variety of strategic marketing & PR initiatives. Now, we are looking for a talented content & PR specialist to join our in-house marketing team and help us grow Wanderu into THE #1 travel brand in the world.
We have been featured in all major media outlets around the world, including The New York Times, Forbes, Buzzfeed, CNN, USA Today, and Vogue among many others, so the bar has been set pretty high. If you’re ready to contribute to expanding this list and help make the Wanderu brand a household name across the world through creative writing and strategic communication, then keep reading because you’ve landed in the right place!
What we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about public relations activities and excited to join the in-house PR team of a fast-growing travel startup with an awesome track record of media coverage.
- Your core strength is your creative thought and ability to come up with various innovative ideas to promote Wanderu’s services and raise awareness about the Wanderu brand.
- You are an excellent writer with high attention to detail who has a great portfolio of published posts and articles.
- You have solid experience working with various social media platforms, you understand the pros and cons of each, and you’re excited to work your magic on Wanderu’s social media presence.
- You understand the value and importance of proper and extensive research, and you are ready to go the extra mile to find the information that will help you reach your immediate and long-term goals.
- You possess a high level of critical thinking ability and are able to exercise sound judgment on-the-fly without slowing down the work process.
- You care deeply about the quality of the work that you put out and how it reflects upon the company’s image and overall reputation.
- You’re worked in public relations or content marketing before and are well familiar with the day-to-day activities of people in the field.
- You understand that Wanderu is a startup with a small team and you don’t mind having to take on additional tasks sometimes to help your co-workers achieve a common goal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the Public Relations Manager to determine weekly, monthly and quarterly goals.
- Write articles on various travel-related topics for the Wanderu blog and coordinate the work of freelance writers.
- Work with PR Manager to develop editorial calendar and special content projects.
- Collaborate with SEO and design team to develop content that attracts new users, media attention and inbound links from relevant websites.
- Develop ongoing social media strategy and maintain Wanderu’s presence on various social media channels.
- Research media placement opportunities; build and maintain targeted media lists.
- Identify opportunities and come up with creative ways to effectively communicate Wanderu’s value props to key audiences via different channels, including traditional media, influencer outreach, social media, and direct-to-consumer.
- Brainstorm ideas and develop copy for advertising campaigns.
Background and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations.
- At least 2 years of professional PR and content marketing experience – you will be required to provide samples of successful media placements.
- Experience managing a brand’s social media presence.
- Excellent writing skills – writing samples will be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic SEO rules and guidelines
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Desire to grow in the position and to take initiative – critical thinking is an absolute must.
- The following skills are not mandatory but a huge plus:
- Experience with graphic design software
- Knowledge of Spanish, German, French, or any other language.
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday
If this sounds like you, make sure you reach out to us right away. Please send us your resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and anything else you think we might wanna see from someone applying for this position - surprise us!
Job Type: Full-time