Are you compassionate? Love working with the elderly? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? If so we are looking for you!!! Sunnyvale Post-Acute Care Center is now hiring for Housekeeper & Laundry Aide among other positions. We are a state of California licensed and federally certified skilled nursing facility, located off of the Fremont exit on the 85 fwy. We pride our self's in providing nothing but the best care for our residents and for hiring the most competent and compassionate staff to provide the care our residents need and deserve.
Positions available: Cook, Dietary Aide
The Housekeeper is responsible to keep the physical environment of the facility clean on a daily basis in accordance with established schedules and procedures.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent preferred
License: None Required
Work Experience: Housekeeping experience in a long term care facility or as a housekeeper in an institutional setting preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical information, and to be easily understood through verbal communication in the English language.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
-Clean assignment of resident rooms and bathrooms daily as assigned in accordance with facility procedures
-Keep resident rooms and contents clean and orderly in accordance with the wishes of the resident
-Clean other areas of the facility daily as assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor including one or more of the following:
- Tub/Shower rooms
- Day rooms
- Activity rooms
- Halls and lobby
- Utility rooms
- Linen areas 2
-Treat all residents with dignity and respect when performing duties in resident care areas
- Be courteous, considerate and cooperative when communicating with all facility personnel, residents and public
-Practice infection control policies and procedures of the department and facility
- Secure cleaning chemicals in locked housekeeping cart or closet unless in immediate possession and use
- Promptly report any needed repairs to Housekeeping Supervisor
- Perform other housekeeping related tasks as assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor
- Assist Housekeeping Supervisor with weekly and monthly major housekeeping tasks when requested to do so
- React appropriately to emergencies and disaster situations
- Attend in-service education and staff meetings as required
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetic that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which includes an annual TB screening and physical examination.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous bending, squatting, twisting and reaching.
- Must be able to bend, squat, pull, stoop and push up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time