- Direct, administer, manage and facilitate an enhancement, business process re-engineering or development of a high priority, high profile, and enterprise – wide information technology project of strategic importance.
- Accountable for activities with excess delivery cycles of 8 to 12 months.
- Accountable for project coordination with multiple departments.
- Conduct reviews.
- Report status and recommendations to senior leadership as needed.
- Make decisions with in the designated authority as defined in the project Charter to minimize project risk supported by sound analysis and project management best practices.
- Mentor less experienced project management project staff to build overall understanding of project management when needed.
- Manage, coordinate, and establish priorities for complete life-cycle of projects including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments.
- Design project plans, which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel.
- Coordinate project schedules across multiple departments.
- Accountable for the approval and sign-off of the Project Management Plan with customer representatives, and all affected project stakeholders.
- Accountable for management of the project’s scope for the project and gaining agreement and approval of scope changes with customer representatives and affected stakeholders.
- Direct work planning and scheduling work.
- Accountable for peer reviews with the appropriate project team resources.
- Coordinate and present proposals to departments as necessary.
- Identify and manage project risk, and develop risk mitigation strategies, and track to closure.
- Coordinate the establishment of project standards and project specific procedures with team leads.
- Responsible for project compliance with standards and procedures.
- Develop and facilitate achievement of project service commitments.
- Ensure that tasks provide value and support the strategic direction of the project and meet service commitments.
- Balance workload with project members’ capacity.
- Plan project specific training and orientation needs.
- Responsible for the development of estimates for the enhancement, business process re-engineering or development effort in planning, analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation.
- Works with team leads to adjust and revise project estimates when necessary.
- Ensure new project estimates are approved by the client and agreed upon.
- Develop the detailed Project Management Plan for the enhancement, business process re-engineering or development effort.
- Accountable for delivery of all work tasks identified in the Project Management Plan.
- Manage, and track the project progress against the project schedule.
- Develop work planning and scheduling work.
- Monitor project milestones and phases and take corrective action as needed to ensure the project is on schedule.
- Monitor and track the project budget and advise necessary stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work efforts across the project team.
- Notify team leads of project timelines, milestones, phases, work requests target dates, and approved executable work packages.
- Accountable to schedule or monitor status reviews, project management inspections, and software quality assurance work product and process reviews with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for the capture and reporting of required project management metrics.
- Analyze and distribute reports on project metrics associated with work items related to improvement measures.
- Ensure all changes to scope follow processes outlined in the Change Management Plan and are documented.
- Prepare status reports on a periodic basis for the project team, team leads, group leads, Sponsor, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible to tailor and baseline all project templates.
- Ensure processes and activities are followed.
- Communicate and work with users and client as necessary.
- Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Identify and track issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project-related issues and resolution of issues.
- Communicate effectively with customers and software / hardware suppliers supporting as appropriate.
- Communicate to team members how their work assignments relate to and help achieve project objectives.
- Accountable for the final project management evaluation review with stakeholders.
Required / Desired Skills
Experience for formal PMI project management methodology with the ability to adjust as needed (Required 6 Years)
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study (Highly Desired 4 Years)
PMP certification. (Required 1 Years)
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. (Required 5 Years)
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project. (Required 5 Years)
Experience and comfortable with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices (Highly Desired 5 Years)
Public Safety or government experience. (Highly Desired 1 Years)
Experience using SharePoint. (Highly Desired 5 Years)