- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
About the Position
GoPro is looking for a Vice President of Corporate Communications. Reporting to the CEO, this position will work cross-functionally and with the CEO to help communicate GoPro's Corporate identity, messaging and mission to journalists and other thought leaders. The Vice President of Corporate Communications is part of our senior leadership team, and will be responsible for driving communication strategies and campaigns to continue to enhance GoPro's brand awareness within the business community; overseeing key priorities including financial communications, executive communications, crisis communications, corporate social responsibility, internal communications and culture development.
Tactically, this role will oversee the development of a suite of multimedia materials and content to support the messaging campaigns that drive GoPro's narrative, and counter misinformation that might interfere with GoPro's business and ability to serve our customers. We are looking for a great communicator who understands and can communicate GoPro's position as a business leader and fit into the greater business landscape.
- Manage media relations with business and technology publications and media outlets
- Collaborate with the CEO and Chief Marketing Officer to develop GoPro's corporate narrative
- Collaborate with the CFO and IR team to develop strategies for building GoPro's presence with industry and financial analysts
- Collaborate with the Legal Team on legal matters and work to support GoPro's Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the People Team to manage employment branding, internal communications, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging initiative (DIB) and culture building
- Oversee the development of written materials including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, earnings scripts, blog posts, FAQs, presentations and speeches
- Work with cross-functional leaders to identify story opportunities and craft supporting messaging
- Oversee GoPro's speaker's bureau, including content development, message development and speaker prep
- Act as one of the company's "GoTo" spokespeople when the CEO is unavailable
- Oversee GoPro's corporate social responsibility initiative, GoPro for a Cause
- Lead crisis communications
- Collaborate with all departments to tell our story consistently across the company
- Collaborate with VP of Global Product & Lifestlye communications to ensure consistency of all corporate messaging on GoPro.com, and key social media outlets
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Communications executive
- Experience managing investor relations and financial earnings meetings
- Hardware industry experience a plus
- Professional experience in fast-paced industries
- Ability to think, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environment and ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and celebrates diversity
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Get your very own GoPro (mounts and accessories included)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(K) matching
- Discretionary Time Off; take time when you need it!
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Employee commuter shuttles
- Onsite yoga and fitness classes for employees
- Awarded one of the Top Five Healthiest Employers in the Bay Area
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.