Paradigm Professional Health Services, Inc. (Paradigm) is a government contractor specialized in providing qualified, reliable, and culturally competent health professionals to meet the mission objectives of federal agencies nationwide.
Due to the COVID-19 National Emergency, Paradigm currently has openings for Certified Respiratory Therapist and Registered Respiratory Therapist to provide services at the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Place of Performance:
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center (JB)
820 South Damen Avenue,
Chicago, IL 60612-3728
Period of Performance:
The contract will be for six (6) months from date of hire.
Jesse Brown – Flexible shifts to include weekends and holidays
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – midnight
11:30 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Hold current National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) certification
- Currently certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Associate degree
- One (1) year of adult ICU experience
Primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Administer assisted and controlled ventilation to patients with tracheotomies and other complex medical problems requiring frequent adjustments in ventilator parameters
- Administer and monitors advanced ventilator techniques such as positive end expiratory pressure and continuous positive airway pressure
- Develop plans for weaning patients from ventilators
- Assesses respiratory status of patients using data acquired through physical observation and clinical analysis of blood gas data, chest x-rays, and electrocardiogram to determine the effectiveness of therapy being administered and to make recommendations to physicians regarding changes in treatment
- Perform the most difficult respiratory therapy procedures to maintain ventilation, including endotracheal intubation, tracheal lavage, and tracheotomy care
- Provide in-service training to others in various specialized areas of respiratory care;functions as a consultant to the physicians in identifying appropriate procedures, techniques, or equipment for application to specific cases.
CRISIS PAY MAY BE AVAILABLE
Healthcare organizations across the country are paying crisis pay rates to make sure necessary positions are being filled. Lengths of assignments are very flexible for crisis positions.
Paradigm is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job-related qualifications and without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Open until filled
You are needed more than ever! Join the Paradigm team and help fight COVID-19.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Adult ICU Respiratory Therapy: 1 year (Required)
- National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 12 hour shift