Two wonderful people in Hopkins are achieving their dream of living in their own home. They're looking for a caring, fun-loving person to share their weekends and provide support. It's the ultimate DSP job for folks wanting weekend income!
Check out this link to see first-hand a day in the life of a DSP at EGH!
We're looking for an every-other week live-in staff for a two-person townhome in Hopkins. Shift begins on Friday night at 10:00 pm, and goes through Sunday night at 10:00 pm.
EGH, Inc is a small non-profit agency providing residential support to people with disabilities in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities. EGH provides person-centered services catered to the unique tastes, preferences, needs, and dreams of the individuals we serve. EGH provides a variety of services to a variety of people, and we strive to match our professionals with the persons that would best match each others' skills and passions.
Direct Support Professionals at EGH, Inc:
- Earn among the highest hourly wages in the industry
- Experience far lower turnover than other agencies
- Serve individuals that require emotional mentorship and support more than physical cares and assistance
- Have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings
- Earn the opportunity for increased hours and promotion
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance in activities of daily living to individuals in EGH homes or apartments.
- Interact with individuals we support in a supportive, caring manner
- Work cooperatively with teams, families and other professionals
- Assist and sometimes complete household duties such as cooking, laundry, shopping, cleaning, safety procedures
- Effectively implement active treatment according to individual needs including planning and thorough documentation of progress on outcomes
- Follow all procedures to care for each person's health and safety, including medical or behavioral emergencies
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation with proof of auto insurance
- Successfully pass a background check and driving record check
- Complete medication certification, CPR, First Aid and other training as assigned
- Strong English communication and ability to use computer for daily documentation.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $13.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- driver's license (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions
- Charting or taking notes for others to review
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Reporting changes in the health or status of the client
- Feeding clients
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Facilitating community and recreational outings, including transport
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities