ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
Develops real-time embedded control system software. The role will include all aspects of the product development lifecycle – planning, requirements, design, code, test and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Algorithms and Systems engineers to understand complex algorithm and system level requirements and translate these to clear concise and coherent software requirements.
- Generate software requirements, design documents, interface control documents and unit test plans.
- Maintain and develop embedded control system software application software written in C and C++
- Work with complex hardware interfaces in a real-time environment.
- Develop and perform unit testing of real-time embedded or application software.
- Translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
- Experience in C/C++/ programming,.
- Experience using an RTOS: VxWorks, Integrity or other RTOS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, including Software configuration management and the ability to read and create appropriate project documentation.
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, control system theory, embedded software design, real time system interactions in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and principles of operation.
- Knowledge and ability to work with oscilloscopes, and signal generators.
- Must have knowledge and intermediate experience in at least 3 or more of the following:
- Embedded microprocessor development environments
- Object Oriented Design with UML
- Networking technologies such as TCP/IP etc.
- Embedded CORBA
- Serial communications (RS422, RS485, etc),
- CAN communication
- Assembly language programming
- Preferred experience:
- multi-core design,
- semiconductor capital equipment,
- multi-processor/distributed systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Travel within and outside the US may be required.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE