Club Quarters Application- US
Member Services Supervisor
Full Time, Permanent in office1 position
Must be flexible including working a weekend rotation.
Manager, US Member Services
Director, Global Member Services
An in office position providing support to Member Services Remote (work at home) Associates. Provide day-to-day management of the US Remote Member Services department by ensuring customer service performance standards and productivity metrics are met. Distribute, manage and report non phone work including email response and OTA reservations.
Work closely with Manager and Director to develop and implement policies and practices that will enhance productivity with the ultimate goal of member /guest loyalty.
Develop and maintain detailed information for processes and on each hotel property and make available to staff.
Handle escalation calls and IM “chat room” issues that cannot be effectively addressed at the MSA level.
Build positive and productive working relationships with Associates, Membership Managers and (Senior) Guest Service Managers.
1. Ensure customer service performance and productivity metrics are met daily in the Member Services Department. Review productivity reports daily, weekly and monthly to uncover trends in productivity and performance. Analyze data against number of complaints and escalated calls received, abandoned call rates and other relevant information. Ensure appropriate actions are taken so that employees in the call center are empowered to deliver on targeted performance and productivity metrics.
2. Receive and resolve the most serious complaints and escalated calls from anyone who has issues not able to be resolved by speaking with other Member Services staff.
3. Communicate with other internal departments such as Membership Services and Hotel Operations to address a variety of issues and concerns expressed by members, resellers and other guests regarding their Member Services experience.
4. Participate in the testing and feedback of new technology to be used in the call center.
BS/BA degree or equivalent with 3+ years experience in a high volume call center. Three years supervisory experience and knowledge of ACD is also required. Prior
experience in the hospitality industry is preferred but not required. Strong coaching and performance management skills along with excellent communication skills are required.
- Measures of calls answered within target range per day per shift
- Measures of calls abandoned per day per shift
- Decisions made to address escalated or complaint calls
- Productivity, professionalism and quality measures of MSAs
- Feedback from Senior Guest Services Managers and Membership Managers
Internal – Member Service Associates; Trainer; Manager; Director; Guest Service Managers; Membership Managers
External – Members; Guests, resellers; non-members, Travel Agents
1. Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meets both internal and external customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
2. Communication Skills – Demonstrates ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner that is tailored to a particular audience. Demonstrates strong active listening skills.
3. Time Management – Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by established deadlines; demonstrates discipline in using time management tools and techniques. Able to use time efficiently despite competing demands and priorities.
4. Computer Skills – Demonstrates experience and competence in office productivity tools such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and email. Demonstrates experience in company reservation systems.
5. Conflict Resolution – Demonstrates ability to openly, professionally and effectively discuss and mitigate disagreements by getting to the source of the issue, while maintaining focus on the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
6. Customer Service – Creates and operates within high standards for professional, quality customer service; regularly speaks with customers, employees and resellers; promptly acts on feedback.
7. Decision Making – Demonstrates ability to conduct analysis and make informed, educated decisions reflecting the needs of the business and the client; renders appropriate judgments and actions. Able to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
8. Detail Orientation – Demonstrates ability to complete all tasks with great attention to accuracy, regardless of magnitude. Demonstrates process for effectively managing and accomplishing all details necessary to complete a project or assignment.
9. Driving Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates ability to implement ways to measurably improve the quality of systems, processes and procedures in an effort to improve the organization’s overall performance.
10. Managing Conflict – Recognizes and deals effectively with conflicting issues or disagreements among people. Strives to reduce conflict tension and resolve disagreements openly and collaboratively by identifying root causes and developing win-win solutions.
11. Supporting Staff – Able to motivate a staff to achieve high performance Practices principles of performance management, goal setting and coaching consistent with effective management skills. Promotes staff commitment to a common goal.
12. Analytical Skills – Must demonstrate facility to collect relevant and reliable data; interconnects it and dissects it to reveal patterns, trends, and relationships that are useful for conceptualizing and implementing into Member Services practices.
13. Planning and Organizing – Demonstrates ability to meet goals and identifies necessary activities and resources to accomplish goals. Demonstrates ability to be flexible to new opportunities, to think ahead, monitor own and/or others’ progress and make adjustments when necessary.
14. Positive Mental Attitude - Displays an attitude that exudes optimism and confidence. Demonstrating positive attitudes that people can’t help but notice. Encouraging positive behavior in all employees, peers and management.
15. Product Knowledge – Demonstrates strong knowledge of CQ products and service offerings along with policies, guidelines and practices that are used to govern this function.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holdiays