- Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto flats.
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor.
- Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Starting wage up to $21.50 per hour, depending on shift and department.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC
Shift start: 6:00AM or 6:00PM
Shift length: 9 - 12 hours
First Shift- Monday- Thursday with overtime on Fridays, Second Shift- Sunday-Wednesday with overtime on Thursdays.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 1 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
About Dollar General
- Can lift 65 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
Dollar General is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. They work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping customers and communities at the center of everything they do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers.