Lion Federal, a cutting-edge information technology consulting firm, is located right outside our nation’s capital and provides talented resources to the U.S. Federal government. We believe in taking care of our most precious assets, our people!
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement.
- Bigger isn’t always better! Working at Lion Federal will give you all the perks of a big employer in addition to advantages not found at larger institutions:
- Build strong relationships with all levels of employees – you have direct access to the boss and there are less of them.
- Faster response time – without all the red tape, you can get answers more quickly.
- You are not a number – you get a sense of ownership because you can voice ideas an opinion and have them heard. LF makes decisions with you in mind.
- More nimble and flexible – there are not too many layers of management to slow down your ideas, suggestion and recommendations. There is a greater opportunity to react quickly to customer needs and stand out from the crowd.
- Learn multiple skills and be closer to the mission – You can wear many hats and have a direct impact on the company’s drive and direction. You are on the front line and a critical piece of the company’s success.
Must have an active TS/SCI with Full-scope poly
Systems Engineer will be primarily responsible for creating the 508 compliant portal UI/UX and to integrate use and consume the interfaces from other teams. In the cases where the portal needs to integrate a concept, but API’s or other integration points do not exist, the Portal, provide an automated notification that provides a consistent user experience.
All Data must be extractable through APIs so has to be shared by other systems within the office, but also with other Sponsor’s partners who also perform similar activities
- Demonstrated experience performing software design and development.
- Demonstrated experience writing/transforming/extending code in Java using modern build tools (Maven or Gradle preferred) and IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ preferred).
- Demonstrated experience working with software version control tools (Git/GitHub preferred).
- A working knowledge of automated testing techniques (code coverage analysis, unit testing, mocking, and integration testing preferred).
- Demonstrated Experience producing and consuming REST and HAL Compliant API’s
- Demonstrated experience working in Linux environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated experience developing user interface to ICD 508 accessibility compliance.
- A working knowledge of HTTP Gateway concepts, products, or frameworks. A working knowledge of DevOps tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Rundeck, and Nexus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in designing, securing, and automating the deployment of both Windows and Linux environments.
- Demonstrated experience writing Linux shell scripts (bash preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and contributing to a full range of architectural and engineering documentation, such as System Security Plans or other related program documents
- A working knowledge of agile development methodologies and practices including sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, work backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with event correlation and root cause analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment (e.g., sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, work backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, story clarifications).
- Demonstrated experience with Java software development frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot or similar.
- Demonstrated Experience with Identity Access Management as a Technical Practice Area
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s PKI infrastructure and related tools (x.509, OpenSSL, OAuth, LDAP).
- Demonstrated experience building REST API services in Java and a working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Demonstrated experience writing Linux shell scripts (bash preferred).
- Experience with the Sponsor System Certifications Processes (SSP, A&A)
- Demonstrated experience with development and/or maintenance of large scale enterprise programs which include the integration of COTS solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with the sponsor's auditing and monitoring tools and processes
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with sponsor staff, IT customers and other technical and non-technical staff and contractors at all levels to communicate translate technical outcomes into executive use, and to translate business needs into technical tasking, without the assistance of the Sponsor
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Commission, Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement