The Field Engineering Manager will lead a team of exceptional Solution Architects. As you will help to spearhead our expansion, the ideal candidate is one who has built and led technical pre-sales teams in the Enterprise Software, Big Data/Analytics or Data Science and has a strong track record of partnering with the sales organization to close revenue. You'll rapidly scale and maintain a world-class field-engineering organization in the designated region/segment that is both highly effective and highly efficient in its operations in order to help accelerate Databricks' growth in the market.
Databricks' vision is to accelerate innovation by unifying data science, engineering and business. The company was founded by the team who originally created Apache® Spark™, a powerful open source data processing engine built for sophisticated analytics, ease of use, and speed. Databricks is the largest contributor to the open source Apache Spark project providing 10x more code than any other company. The company has also trained over 100,000 users on Apache Spark, and has the largest number of customers deploying Spark to date. Databricks provides a virtual analytics platform, to simplify data integration, real-time experimentation, and robust deployment of production applications.
- Rapidly scale the designated field engineering segment org (by 2-3x) without sacrificing quality
- Measure and materially increase ROI of SA involvement in sales cycles by 2-3x over 18 months
- Accelerate transformation to a solution/value-based selling field-engineering organization through evolution of organization, processes, and enablement model
- [Stretch] Successfully establish field-engineering solution extensions beyond product offering to drive customer value (and increased spend)
- Great at hiring top talent and mentoring / growing leaders
- Has experience scaling field and/or technical teams from scratch to 15+ - ideally at hyper-growth speed
- Great at instituting processes for technical field members to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience selling solutions / value built around highly technical products (that necessitate deeply technical field engineers) to IT and the business
- Team player that will work well with other teams (Sales, PM, CS)
- Experience in the Big Data / distributed systems space
- Technical background / individual contributor in a technical role and proficiency in at least one programing language
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission and aggressive accelerators
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com ( https://databricks.com ).
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.