ConnectMe Capital,llc is recruiting on behalf of their client, a growing firm that provides C-Suite services to Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Venture Capital Funds. Title for this position will be Controller or Assistant Controller, depending upon your experience. There are two job opportunities: One is to work on Management Company accounting and the other is Fund Accounting for Alternative Funds. Family culture and environment. You must have a demonstrated interest in wanting to work in this financial services industry. If you have 2-7 years accounting experience but no experience working in financial services, you still may be considered for the Management Company position. Fund Accounting position requires experience in Hedge, Mutual Fund or Private Equity Fund Accounting.
Company is not looking to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Controller or Assistant Controller - Fund Accountant or Management Company Accountant
- Exciting opportunity to work for a growing CFO/COO/CCO service provider to Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Venture Capital Funds, enabling you to constantly learn and contribute in a variety of ways
- You will work with a set of Alternatives clients, performing management company accounting work and/or performing various accounting and operational duties including shadow accounting, managing prime brokers, administrators and audit/tax providers, oversee trade processing and reconciliation process, recording and reconciling trades with counterparties, liaise with PMs and counterparties to ensure timely settlements, etc.
- Bachelor's degree with Finance or Accounting focus is required. Economics may be considered if experience has been accounting and at least 2 accounting classes were taken in college
- Excellent Excel skills required; must be able to do pivot tables, v/h lookups
- 3-8 years working at Fund Administrator, Audit Firm (focused on alternative clients) or working at a Fund, with a strong interest in finance. Other accounting experience will be considered for Management Company Accounting position only
- Excellent work ethic; team player
- Position based in San Francisco, CA
Compensation will be competitive, consisting of a base salary and bonus component, and will be commensurate with experience. Family culture and environment. Benefits include medical, dental and vacation time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quickbooks or other Accounting Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Financial Industry/Alternative Funds: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Excel (including pivot tables, v/h lookups): 2 years (Required)