Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Airport Hubs & Gateway Team within the Customer Experience Division. This position will be responsible for handling one or more of the following as their primary role: (1) Attendance and compliance (2) Distribution of equipment and supplies (3) Coordinating payroll (4) Coordinating and maintaining operation coverage and lost time and (5) Managing new hire and transfer boarding
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
About The Job (Continued)
- Performs a wide variety of office duties including: coordinating meeting arrangements, typing, filing, ensuring telephone coverage, greeting and directing customers, handling mail, ordering and distributing office supplies, reconciling P-card spending, tracking anniversaries/birthdays, and arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- Provides assistance with preparation of management presentations and special projects as required
- Troubleshoots and escalates office technology issues, including telephone and copier machines
- Tracks and ensures employees complete onboarding duties, including appropriate system access, assignment of lockers, mailboxes, uniforms, badges, fingerprinting, training, etc.
- Assists in station event planning, coordination, and execution (i.e. Do Crew, luncheons, holiday meals, recognition events)
- Handles payroll processing in Workbrain for management and support staff
- Processes bereavement letters and coordinate local communications and response
- Manages employee parking, including permitting and assignments, as required
- Assists with timekeeping functions, data entry, data verification, reconciliations and filing
- Maintains employee files, as necessary
- Maintains Station meeting plans, including monthly emergency response
- Accesses and manages various periodic reports, including performance, audit, expense, employee engagement & recognition, etc.
- Updates required manuals
- Files and maintains all security related items
- Act as backup for various payroll functions
- Manages records for OSHA, safety, etc. (301's, weekly and annual)
- Assists with budget preparation and reconciliation, including monthly closeout of landing fees
- Supports auditing activities as required
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Previous office/clerical experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and corporate structure
- Ability to prioritize work, be detail oriented and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to grasp concepts and functionality of specific software and programs
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 21947