Summary / Purpose of the job
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Controls Technician will be in charge of specifying, ordering, installing and maintaining various instrumentation and electrical equipment. This includes hands-on work as well as management of any contractors required to complete this work. It is very important to maintain constant communication with engineering department to ensure all corporate procedures and standards are respected.
· Manage all aspects of electrical and instrumentation for the Baltimore plant.
· Install, Maintain, troubleshoot, bench-test and repair automation equipment, including flow meters, control valves, motor connections, VFD’s, MCC’s and other various electrical equipment;
· Provide specifications for equipment that is based on plant process needs.
· Manage Electrical/automation contractors to ensure jobs are delivered on time, on budget and in line with Bitumar’s high quality standards;
· Provide recommendations for improvements, preventative maintenance and problem resolutions;
· Work and communicate with corporate Engineering department as needed on projects and implementation of standards at local level;
· Document all electrical changes or modifications made in the field and communicate via drawing revision;
· Follow all safety rules and maintain a clean, safe working environment;
· Perform all work in accordance with applicable safety procedures;
· Work to improve the facility at best in class level of operation and as a leader in the industry.
· Manage spare parts inventory for automation-related equipment.
Accomplish other related tasks required by his function or his superior.
· Process or instrumentation Technician, technical training or similar with proven hands-on industrial experience;
· Previous experience in manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred;
· Ability to read and create electrical drawings, as well as Process & Instrumentation drawings;
· Understanding of 480-volt, 3-phase power, lower voltage instrumentation and Allen Bradley PLC’s in an industrial environment;
· Experience in troubleshooting relay logic and control system input/output signals;
· Maintenance skills relating to electronic equipment and involving instrumentation, AC motors, PLC’s, VFD’s, and Analog and Digital Circuits, level radars, Differential-Pressure cells;
· Basic electrical repair and maintenance skills are critical.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and to make decisions when required
· Team player;
· Good analytic thinking;
· Manage work with a focus on operations and quality;
· Ability to maintain a proper flow of communication with the concerned persons;
· Ability to manage and control external resources as required.
· Job includes working outside in a 15 acres facility during summer and winter conditions;
· Climbing stairs, using man lifts and working in elevated areas is required;
· Possibility to be exposed to potentially dangerous environment;
· Must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required.
· 40 hours per week as standard, however extended work hours are possible (above 44 hours) as well as possibility of nights, weekends, holidays depending on plant needs – specifically during cases of shutdowns or large maintenance work or projects. Employee to be on-call at all times and short notice in the case of plant emergency.
· Health and Dental coverage;
· Life Insurance Policy;
· Paid Vacations;
· Possibility of a yearly bonus.
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
Reference ID: E&I, USA
Job Types: Full-time, Internship