Tyndale has a brand new opening for a Systems Administrator in our Houston, TX location. The main function of our Systems Administrator is to ensure that all of Tyndale’s systems (including, but not limited to: Windows, corporate environment, LAN, WAN, custom websites and applications, etc.) are always performing properly and are prepared for business continuity. Tyndale's System Administrators are flexible and always willing to jump into new projects with both feet providing excellent internal customer service.
- The key accountability of this position is to ensure that systems are running reliably;
- Ensure internal and external end users can access and use the tools that they need;
- Maintain restorable backups and actionable contingency plans to ensure recovery time and recovery point objectives are met;
- Proactively monitor systems and analyze system logs;
- Create and maintain documentation for future reference and use by other IT members;
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team on day-to-day work as well as project work;
- Administrate infrastructure systems; including, but not limited to, commissioning and decommissioning, configuration, OS/application updates, backups and restores, security auditing, performance tuning, and any other maintenance you determine is necessary;
- Develop scripts to automate administrative tasks;
- Maintain vendor relationships and support requests as necessary;
- Perform off-hours maintenance and upgrades as deemed necessary, as well as respond to critical issues off-hours to reduce downtime; this includes participation in an on-call rotation;
- Respond to technical support requests as required, including workstation and application support; both through escalation from the help desk as well as direct support if needed;
- Perform the above tasks using self-guided research and act to resolve problems as needed without direct supervision;
- Assist in infrastructure projects and other tasks as assigned by Infrastructure Supervisor.
- Associate’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent technical training required;
- Technical certifications on relevant systems preferred, such as MCSE or VCP.
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience required;
- Self-motivated and self-learning – the ability and desire to dive into new technologies to keep Tyndale at the cutting edge of technology;
- Detail and task-oriented;
- Proactive in identifying problems and determining appropriate solutions;
- Strong communications skills regarding dealing with end users and vendors.
- Knowledge of and experience with a Microsoft environment (Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, etc.) required;
- Basic network skills required: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet switching, basic routing;
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with VMware or virtualization preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux-based systems preferred;
- Advanced networking concepts preferred: VLANs, 802.1x, VPN, OSPF;
- Capable of transporting and physically racking servers when required.
- Competitive pay-rate;
- Great family-friendly culture, with proven track record of company growth;
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with company match; Paid Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave, STD/LTD, Company-wide Bonus Plan, and product discount;
- Complete Wellness program includes free healthy snacks, on-site fitness equipment, On-Demand fitness classes, and a corporate discount on health-tracking devices;
- Generous Paid Time Off Package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19