- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of qualified instructors.
- Scheduling shifts for all instructors.
- Process payroll for the department.
- Communicate with staff via memos, staff meetings as necessary, etc.
- Direct supervision of all instructors to include: departmental goal setting, employee performance evaluations, recommending salary levels, maintaining staff attendance records, and general maintenance of personnel records.
- Facilitate the continuing education of the staff.
- Liaison between Upper Management and the membership in relation to Pilates programming issues within the Club.
- Track member usage of Pilates sessions/classes and adjust the schedule accordingly.
- Respond to daily needs of Club membership by responding to all member suggestions within 48 hours and immediately making any reasonably requested improvements in policies, procedures, and facilities.
- Attendance and active participation in management meetings.
- Operate the Pilates department within established budget guidelines.
- Communicate with Operations Manager and GM regarding monthly club revenues and expenses; executing any necessary adjustments in the current monthly departmental budget.
- Work together with the Group Exercise Director on what type of Pilates classes should be performed in the Group Exercise Studio.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of the departmental budget.
- Keep all departmental forms fully stocked and up-to-date.
- Complete a monthly Manager’s Report submitted by the fifth business day of the following month.
- Supervise studio cleanliness by coordinating with Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Coordinate with Facilities Department on preventative maintenance, repair, purchase and replacement of Pilates equipment.
- Research, propose and purchase (upon approval) new equipment as needed for the Pilates
- Produce and maintain an annual calendar of Pilates events and related workshops as part of an annual departmental business plan.
- Contribute regularly to the Club newsletter.
- Market and promote Pilates programs and services with the goal of enhancing member participation in this program.
Job Type: Full-time