Diesel Mechanic (Marine Engines) - SAVANNAH, GA:
*This role REQUIRES permanent or temporary relocation to SAVANNAH, GA*
The Diesel Engine Technician (Marine Engine) will perform a variety of troubleshooting, advanced level diesel engine repairs, diagnosis of performance issues and major overhauls on Marine Engines (yachts, personal and/or commercial vessels).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Marine Engines):
- Trouble shooting and repair inboard marine diesel engine.
- Engine disassembly, inspection, maintenance/repair, and reassembly.
- Maintenance and service of fuel tanks, pumps, filters, and fuel injection systems used in marine engines.
- Maintenance of lubrication systems used on four stroke and two stroke marine diesel engines.
- Maintenance of cooling systems for marine diesel engines.
- Disassembly, maintenance, repair, and reassembly/installations of the three major types of transmissions, commonly associated with inboard marine engines.
- Perform engine shaft alignments.
- Tune-up and diagnosis of problems associated with a variety of marine diesel engines including operation of test equipment, system diagnostics, and tune-up procedures.
- Engine electrical control systems trouble shooting and repair.
- Troubleshoot and repair engine and or vessel performance issues.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Diesel Engine):
- Diesel Technician / Heavy Truck Mechanics will perform quality repairs and maintenance on all Heavy Truck and Diesel Engines as specified in manufacturer designed procedures or accepted industry practices.
- Diesel Technicians / Heavy Truck Mechanics will accurately complete all paperwork including repair information on work orders, information for state and emission inspections, etc.
- Dedication and adherence to all company and industry safety standards.
- Candidate must have own tools and reliable transportation.
- Must have a high school education or GED.
- Two years of experience, must be proficient in at least two mechanical systems (i.e. transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.) for numerous model lines.
- Marine mechanics may work outdoors at docks or marinas, as well as in all weather conditions, when making repairs aboard boats.
- They may work in cramped or awkward positions to reach a boat's engine. Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs.
- Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports.
- Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 160 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
- Will work remotely with rare trips to dispatching office. Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders.
- Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient use of Caterpillar ET and SIS (Not required but preferred)
- Must be able to daily operate an assigned service vehicle as well as be pre-qualified to operate under W.W.Williams Fleet Policy Standards.
- The driver must be able to operate their assigned vehicle for extended periods in order to reach customer's locations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate using telephones to receive instructions and to provide service information.
- Must be able to effectively deal directly with customers at site locations in a professional manner.
Competitive wages and benefits. EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $38.00 /hour
- Marine Engine: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement