Reladyne Reliability Services is looking for an Apprentice Field Service Technician. The successful candidate will support field service projects across a variety of service offerings and participate in a continuous improvement culture using tools to drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost excellence with the goal of proving value generation for the customer.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for maintenance including rotating equipment lubrication, filter exchange, oil mist maintenance and greasing systems
- Performs diagnostic collection to include lubricant collection and vibration collection
- Conduct work safely by attending daily safety and production meetings and following site safety requirements including PPE, JHA/JSA, Lock Out/ Tag Out, Work Permitting, and Near Miss Unsafe Condition reporting
- Knowledge of process operations and flow pattern of refineries and plants * Operate oil transfer pumps and filtration equipment
- Visual inspection and repair of oil distribution pipes
- Record gauge and LCD read out values
- Route pipe as directed by lead personnel and bend tubing to equipment
- Clean and lubricate equipment and perform basic maintenance and repairs
- Operate tow motor/left trucks to load and unload oil or other materials from machines
- Able to discuss methodologies with internal and external stakeholders
- Review procedures prior to job execution
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment on the job site
- Responsible to submit completed paperwork in a timely manner
- Support lean initiatives and continuous improvement
- Perform other necessary job-related duties or responsibilities
Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel up to 75% and work in the field away from home
- 6 months - 2 years’ experience as a plant technician in a related field preferred
- Experience working with pumps, hoses and valves
- Valid driver’s license required with a good driving record, CDL a plus or willing to obtain a Class A CDL
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a truck and trailer
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products
- Basic mechanical ability – use of hand tools, safety equipment and company equipment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Physically submit to periodic drug, background and clearance screenings
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here geare representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to verbally communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee must be able to convey instructions, ideas and information accurately and quickly. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, climb and work in heights of 30 ft. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high level.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma