Nursing Home Maintenance Director
2 Director Positions Open
Vero Health & Rehab, Parkway
1190 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury
Vero Health & Rehab of Mattapan
405 River Street, Boston
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Maintenance Department, its programs and activities.
- Coordinate maintenance services and activities with other related departments (i.e., Dietary, Nursing, Activities, etc.).
- Assist in establishing a preventive maintenance program.
- Inspect storage rooms, workrooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Administrator adjustments in maintenance services that assure the continued ability to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that services performed by outside vendors are properly completed/supervised in accordance with contracts/work orders.
- Assume the responsibility for maintaining your professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education (i.e., seminars, training programs, etc.).
- Supervise safety and fire protection and prevention programs by inspecting work areas and equipment/assignment PM’s at least weekly.
- Ensure that maintenance policies and procedures identify appropriate safety precautions and equipment to use when performing tasks that could result in bodily injury.
- Make periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that necessary equipment is available and working properly.
- Monitor maintenance procedures to ensure that supplies are used in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
- Place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary or as may be required.
Requirements for Consideration
- General Knowledge of plant systems: HVAC, plumbing, electrical
- Skillful in basic repair work of plant systems, patching and painting, etc
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detailExperience in residential or commercial building maintenanceLong Term Care experience a plus
Job: Plant Ops
Type: Full Time
Please submit your resume. Please indicate which location for which you wish to interview.
Become part of a community that cares. Bring your ideas and passion to Vero where we value each individual member of the team. Our Parkway community is led by a dedicated team of professionals with a mission of creating a model for the provision of long term care to the surrounding neighborhoods. This management team values energy and ideas. Members of the team are required to present their solutions to problems and ideas for improving quality in an open forum. Make the choice now to be a part of a growing organization. Vero offers very competitive pay and strong healthcare benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- nursing home plant ops: 2 years (Preferred)