The Service Technician conducts diesel equipmentrepairs and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicledeficiencies; making adjustments and alignments in the Service Department of aretail dealership environment.
HLAs – HIGH LEVERAGE ACTIVITIES (focus actions that willreturn the highest impact):
· Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspectionsand diagnostic test; identifying worn and damaged parts focusing on safety,quality and customer up time.
· Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing,adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing majorassemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power anddrive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering,hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments andalignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms,governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
· Embrace training opportunities maintainingcertification in OEM products
KEYRESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
· Provide technical service to vehicles andequipment. Including trouble shooting,electrical and diagnostic services.
· Read Repair Order, observe and listen to vehicle inoperation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
· Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks,engines and components.
· Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
· Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts,cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs,differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replacetransmissions and other parts.
· Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specifiedsafety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
· Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle toverify conformance to specifications.
· Advise the Service Supervisor if additional repairwork is necessary
· Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
· Maintain a neat and orderly working area, and properhandling of company tools
· Follow safe work practices and procedures, uses safetyequipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeksassistance when necessary.
· Attend training classes and keep abreast of factorytechnical bulletins
· Other duties assigned by manager.
· High school diploma or GEDis required. Combination of education, training, or experience that providesthe required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
· Related technical schooltraining preferred.
· Three to five years ofcommercial truck technical service experience.
· Engine certificationspreferred: Cummins, Detroit,International, etc.
· Necessary tools to performjob responsibilities
· Ability to work and learnindependently.
· Strong written/ verbalcommunication skills required.
· Ability to use variouswindows based computer software. Experience with engine software a plus
· Valid commercial driver’slicense preferred.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Duties are performed throughout the inside and outside of thebuilding(s). Employee is exposed todirt, dust, heat, cold, noise and vibration, fumes and odors, wetness andhumidity, and sometimes darkness. Employee is required to stand, walk, kneel, squat, crawl, bend, andtwist. Employee may have to climb and/orlift up to and over 80 pounds frequently. Visual requirements are constant. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision andthe ability to adjust focus. Due to the nature of the environment, employee isexposed to potential mechanical, chemical, electrical and fire hazards on aregular basis.
NOTE: ThisPosition Profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive. Employee may performother related duties as required to meet the on-going needs of the company. ThePosition Profile is intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustivelisting of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts orworking conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right torevise the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstanceschange (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs ortechnological development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Truck Technical Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)