Registered Nurse –Burn ICU
Shift FT Nights 7P-7A
The Timothy J. Harnar Burn Center is one of under 70 verified burn centers in the United States. UMC’s coverage area encompasses a vast expanse of New Mexico, Western Oklahoma, Southern Kansas and all of West Texas making it the third largest geographic area of all regional burn centers in the country. We are in the top 15 busiest burn centers in the nation, caring for not only burns, but also any soft tissue problems including snakebites, necrotizing soft tissue infections, and surgical wounds. Through our affiliation with Texas Tech's School of Medicine, UMC's Burn Center also is a leading force in research on burn treatment. The center has 6 critical care beds and 9 intermediate care beds. We keep our burn center patients in the unit for their entire hospital stay so we have every level of acuity. We care for patients of all ages. Nurses in the Burn Center are also trained to work in the Trauma and Surgical ICU.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification from American Heart Association
- Provides professional nursing care to patients and provides supervision and guidance to the members of the nursing staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- UMC Hospital Orientation
- Unit specific orientation
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Electronic Documentation
UMC’s Mission, Vision and Standards Include
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible scheduling
- No mandatory floating/overtime
- Nurse to patient ratio: 1:2
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing BSN/MSN after 90 days of employment
- Sign on Bonus available (if applicable)
- Relocation assistance available (if applicable)
- Vision Statement : To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Mission Statement : Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow’s healthcare professionals.
- Standards of Excellence : Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Magnet designated Hospital
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only Level I Burn Center
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.