Purpose of Role:
The Threat Intelligence Consultant role will be a direct report to the Director-Threat Intelligence and Business Continuity, as part of the Lowe's Global Security (LGS) Team.
The scope of duties for this position include working collaboratively with its Global Security partners and interfacing with Corporate Communications-Social Media team, the Information Security Group team (cyber security), Asset Protection team, HR, legal counsel's office, and external law enforcement and private sector counterparts.
Through open source monitoring (OSIT), the incumbent will apply operational and strategic threat analysis of global influences (political, climate, crime, disasters, terrorism) in support of the Lowe's corporate brand and operational integrity.
This role plays a critical part of the overarching security mission to protect personnel, facilities, assets, and reputation by supporting organizational awareness and readiness for adverse events and scenarios; incumbent will conduct on-going collection and evaluation of said events, to include in-depth or collaborative investigation for the purposes of mitigation and/or resolution, and be able to provide oral or written reporting or briefs for senior or executive management review.
- Incumbent will track, assess and investigate incidents for situational awareness related to continuity of operations and security disciplines (i.e. Crisis Response, Emergency Preparedness, Travel Security, Executive Protection, and Event Security).
- Must have experience working in a multi-faceted operations (fusion) center.
- Must be skilled on major social media platforms (ex. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.).
- Critical thinker, confident decision-maker; skilled in time management.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, skilled at navigating fast-paced corporate culture; excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Must be skilled in conducting comprehensive all-source monitoring and analyzing threats potentially impacting company operations and assets; ability to communicate (verbal/written) the information to decision-makers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Substantial experience creating executive reports, summaries, cyclical intelligence products and presentations, utilizing diverse media, graphics and suite tools inclusive of GIS products, to support alerts, summaries and reports; skilled at presenting information to various sized audiences.
- Support continuous improvement and industry best practices regarding data analysis & escalation protocols; Build relationships with internal/external counterparts and industry subject matter experts (SMEs) in threat intelligence analysis to share methodologies and best practices (ex. state/local/federal law enforcement/intelligence/military/public/private sectors).
- Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Can quantify and qualify data.
- Bachelor's Degree relative to core job responsibilities
- 7+ years corporate security or threat intelligence experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
- 7+ years operations center experience
- 7+ years military experience relative to job responsibilities
- 7+ years’ experience leveraging diverse data systems
- Professional Certifications (IALEIA/CICA, DoD/ASA, LEIU, IACA)
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.