At Shields, we pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and kindness and the difference we make in patients' lives every day. We are tremendously proud to be certified as a 'Great Place to Work' two years in a row. In 2022, we were awarded US Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care™, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ & Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™.
Improving lives and elevating performance are at the heart of everything we do. That's why more health system leaders trust Shields to elevate access, outcomes and growth within specialty pharmacy — delivering value throughout the entire health system. Leveraging our proven Shields Performance Platform – we deliver the financial results that health systems demand and the superior outcomes patients deserve. With the foremost leaders in specialty pharmacy on our team; proven success partnering with more than 70 health systems; and a vested interest in delivering measurable results – we are the partner health systems trust to transform their specialty pharmacy into a powerful growth engine and elevate performance where it matters most.
If you are an experienced, highly motivated pharmacy technician with a passion to help patients, a desire to progress in your career, and an interest in traveling the National Integration Pharmacy Liaison position is for you.
Once Shields enters a partnership with a hospital system to launch their specialty pharmacy program, the National Integration Pharmacy Liaison will be deployed to a designated specialty clinic within the hospital system to provide face-to-face, high touch care to specialty patients for a specific period of time (typically 3-6 months). When not engaged with a new partner, the National Integration Liaison will be assigned to work with another liaison at a high-volume clinic at an existing Shields partner location.
The role will require weekly travel (Monday-Friday) within your region and assigned location. You may also be deployed for long-term coverage situations in existing hospital partnerships as unique business needs arise.
- Provide "legendary" care to hospital patients by providing a full suite of custom medication management services.
- Provide education about the Shields care model to clinic leadership, staff, and patients
- Adapt quickly to new environments and therapeutic areas in order to operate effectively as a liaison
- Work with our TelemetryRx team to ensure that every patient is aware of their benefits from specialty pharmacy.
- Explain the benefits of our hospital partner's specialty pharmacy, without impeding patient choice of pharmacy, and achieving patient participation
- Successfully enroll patients into the program
- Work with our implementation team to recommend workflow enhancements to help the clinic deliver the highest level of patient care
- Independently or in partnership with our centralized Patient Support Center, perform benefits investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance work needed to ensure patients have access to the medication they need
- Provide direct support to patients to ensure that they are supported throughout their medication therapy
- Proactively communicate and triage any clinical questions to an appropriate clinician (pharmacist, nurse, or provider)
- Work with the implementation and training teams to onboard a permanent liaison hired for your assigned clinic/location
- Travel costs will be reimbursed (in accordance with company expense reimbursement policy). In addition, a travel "differential" (or "stipend") will be included in the compensation package for this position.
Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal, and written communication skills, highly proficient in systems such as MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel), EMR systems (e.g., EPIC, Cerner, or Meditech), and dispensing systems (e.g., QS1, RX30, or Computer Rx)
A passion for helping patients. Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator, able to effectively transfer knowledge to others. Energetic, outgoing, highly motivated team player
Discretion and confidentiality are essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data. Broad knowledge of specialty disease states and medications is optimal
Required Licensure/Certification: We are seeking experienced pharmacy technicians who are state registered as a pharmacy technician. Nationally certified as a CPhT is strongly preferred but not required. Should additional licensure need to be obtained, the applicant will commit to obtaining the required licensure within a mutually agreed upon timeframe. Continued employment is contingent upon meeting these requirements.
Years of Experience: Required 3-5 years, Preferred 5-8 years' experience as a Pharmacy Technician
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
The pay range for this position is: 65k-70k base salary, plus eligible to earn up to a 15% annual performance bonus.
Learn more about our benefits & culture here: https://www.shieldshealthsolutions.com/about/culture/
Shields Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.