As a Front Desk Associate you will be the primary point of contact for guests of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East- White Mountains to make reservations, check in and out of the hotel, inquire about local services and attractions, seek resolution to issues and challenges and make in house purchases. You will perform daily tasks that ensure we take a proactive approach to meeting the needs of our guests, recognize our IHG Rewards Club members and practice sound financial management. You will use your social skills and abilities to create a friendly and welcoming hotel environment that makes a positive impression on our guests and will check for satisfaction and resolve points of dissatisfaction so that our guests will want to return again and again.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answering phone inquires
- Making new reservations and assisting with changes to existing reservations
- Checking in and out hotel guests
- Performing problem resolution for hotel guest issues
- Answering guest inquiries about local attractions, shopping, restaurants, etc.
- Performing tasks using the hotel's property management system
- Handling cash transactions and performing cash drops
- Enrolling guests in IHG Rewards Club
- Recognizing existing club members and ensuring their preferences are met
- Using verbal and non verbal communication to help guests feel welcome and recognized
- Checking for guest satisfaction through out their stay
- Performing job tasks outlined in the job checklist in a timely manner
- Completing training requirements in a timely manner
- Attending hotel and departmental meetings
- Performing other job related tasks as requested by management
Qualifications and Skills
For best consideration a candidate would present themselves in a professional manner, demonstrate strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills, have a positive solutions based attitude, and an ability to site specific examples where they demonstrated job related skill in previous work situations.
While not strictly required the following would be preferred for consideration: previous front desk experience, previous IHG experience, previous Opera PMS experience, previous hospitality industry experience, previous customer service experience and previous cash handling experience.
Timeliness, reliability, professionalism, ability to work well in a team environment, problem solving ability, ability to multitask, ability to communicate effectively, ability to demonstrate basic computer skills, ability to work independently, ability to make sound decisions are all essential to the job and may require previous employer references and demonstration at time of interview. We may perform a background check as a condition of employment.
Full Time Position, Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Discounted hotel rates.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $10.50 /hour