Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.
NYC H+H can improve quality of care, health outcomes and access to outpatient services while reducing preventable hospital admissions through Enhanced and Integrated Outpatient Specialty Care Behavioral Health (BH) services that add intensive outpatient programs and ambulatory stabilization to traditional clinic care, with one door entry to treatment for Substance Use (SU) and Mental Health (MH) with onsite primary care (PC), including pharmacy. This patient centered, truly integrated and coordinated model of care will focus on preventive care (Diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression and substance use screening), chronic disease management (HbA1c, BP, LDL, PHQ monitoring etc.), Medication management (Medication reconciliation and acute and continuous Medication adherence) and connecting patients with recovery-oriented services in the community.
H+H is currently seeking Clerical Associates assigned to the Enhance and Integrated Outpatient Care clinics at various H+H sites. Under supervision, the Clerical Associate in these outpatient care services greets and assists patients. Registers patients and opens visits. Verifies patient insurance prior to making appointments and completes transportation requests, as well as; obtain appropriate signature approvals. Handles telephone calls and inquiries. Works with all appropriate practices related software.
***** GRANT FUNDED POSITION****
- Provide patients with appointments to all clinics and service sessions as needed into scheduling templates for clinics and therapy areas. Open and/or close (when needed) visits for clinic sessions.
- Registration functions including, but not limited to, demographic updates and obtainment of patient consents.
- Communicate with Health Information Management staff to secure medical notes needed for scanning for clinic sessions as necessary.
- Manage scheduling templates by analyzing quotas, overbooking numbers, previous and provider availability.
- Visit information in EMR to check provider’s appointment orders.
- Use of Manage Care websites to do Insurance verifications for redesign patients and other patients as directed. Participate to improve Patient Access and Improve Data collection by doing the Check 15 process for every patient every time. (Check 15; Patient Identification, Demographic data, Insurance data & Manage Care data)
- Obtain preauthorization and managed care specialty referral numbers when required. Be sure this information is entered properly into system.
- Daily use of electronic EDAR to update and track patient/provider information.
- Use of electronic financial assistance system EFAS track patient when doing new registration and/or hospital card update.
1. A four-year High School Diploma or its educational equivalent and one year of satisfactory clerical experience.
Keyboard familiarity with the ability to type at a minimum of 100 key strokes (20 words) per
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.