I. Basic Purpose:
The Courier Driver is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of material, correspondence, lab specimens, small equipment and other related items. The driver will pick-up and deliver supplies to and from appropriate facilities in a safe and timely manner.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Receives and delivers supplies, equipment and other materials as requested throughout all Health System sites.
4. Communicates with the office to receive instructions and updates Dispatchers of changes in transport activities.
5. Cleans and maintains vehicle, monitoring maintenance items such as oil, water, tires and others as required. Communicates service maintenance needs to appropriate supervisor.
6. Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
7. Additional duties to include detailing of vehicles.
8. Attends meetings as required.
9. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> High school diploma or equivalent,
> Valid Florida Driver's license with clean driving record.
IV. Physical Requirements: (Driver-Cargo/Courier)
This position requires tolerance of extremes in temperature when carrying items outside during summer months. Essential physical demands include occasional lifting of 15 pounds overhead and to shoulder height and lifting 45 pounds to waist level. Occasional carrying of 45 pounds is required and pushing/pulling carts/hand truck with 60 70 pounds force are essential physical demands. Handling requirements include frequent (34% - 66% of workday) squatting, bending, reaching, handling, grasping, and standing. Occasionally, climbing, kneeling, reaching overhead and sitting is required for up to 33% of the workday. The position requires independent decision-making. Mental concentration is very important. Working with precise limits of accuracy is also required. Repetitive activities comprise 75% of the workday.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities