Perform a variety of hand contouring tasks on complex parts and utilize the following processes: marking, wet blasting, automated contouring, acid etch and cleaning. In addition, operator must understand and operate the equipment required to perform these processes. Operator must perform inspections on features and dimensions generated.
- Hand contour edges to achieve tight tolerance dimensions using numerous hand tools, grinders, and polishing equipment with attention to detail working to production planning. Required to contour all types of material used within GEA Wilmington machine shops.
- Use expertise and judgment to correct nonconforming conditions that develop in manufacturing in accordance with GEA Wilmington quality standards.
- Perform work to an appropriate visual standard and check dimensions generated with contour readers and other measuring devices while maintaining quality to achieve very critical tolerances and surface finishes.
- Set up and operate machine equipment requiring knowledge and skills such as measurement and method sheet interpretation. Set up fixturing and perform very delicate operations to polish surfaces, blend radii, deburr slots, holes, or other features generated by more complex machining processes.
- Must have the ability to obtain the CVP certification within six months and maintain recertification annually. Training will be provided.
- Responsible to voucher or account for own time accurately using the prescribed system, as well as, electronically maintain records, log books, charts and initiating electronic or manual reports when required.
- Responsible for accurately serializing parts to maintain traceability at all times. Responsible for keeping facilities, material and work area orderly exercising care in their use, maintaining good housekeeping practices. Ability to move parts of 50 pounds or more with use of lift fixtures and cranes as well as comply with all EHS and Quality requirements.
- Perform cleaning processes on hardware and perform various chemical tests on parts as necessary.
- Train other personnel, when required. Must sit and stand in restrictive positions for long periods of time as well as stoop, bend, and move wrists, arms, and shoulders continuously while Relocation Assistance: No Work Location: Wilmington NC US 3901 Castle Hayne Road Wilmington NC 28402-2819 generating edges with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have the ability to work in normal conditions found in a machine shop including exposure to dirt, dust, noise and metal particles due to tooling required to generate edges with or without reasonable accommodation.- Must have ability to wear designated PPE
- Forklifts, cranes and material handling equipment are expected to be used instead of manual lifting and carrying. Employee may be required to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50# following proper ergonomic procedures.
- Must actively participate in a team based environment which includes, but not limited to the following: Active participation in daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well with others, practices direct professional communication with team members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers opinions different from their own.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years manufacturing experience in set-up and operations of any 2 of the following computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining processes: drilling, milling, grinding, turning, or broaching or 2 year degree from an accredited machinist training program.
- Must have one year of experience reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints and/or production planning.
- Must have at least 2 years using precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift aviation rotating parts utilizing the appropriate safety/support devices and proper ergonomic procedures (with or without reasonable accommodation)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Add Eligibility Requirement:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening
- Prior Aircraft Engines machining experience
- Must be able to use computers and learn Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Experience working in a high-performing team-based environment.
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; North Carolina; Wilmington
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.