Chemonics seeks a Global Technology Support Manager, to work within its growing Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) located in Arlington, VA. This manager position requires performance at Level II competencies in the areas of project management, technical capacity, new business, and management and leadership. The successful candidate provides oversight and management services to support Chemonics users and projects. He or she develops, implements, and promotes standards, systems, and resources for supporting Chemonics Home Office users as well as proposals and projects . The manager identifies and promotes customer support services and contributes to new business efforts and can explain the connection between all duties and responsibilities with the larger goal of the company. He or she will be expected to take initiative to master Level II skills and develop Level III skills. The manager serves as acting director as required. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of frontline support for staff. Manages the Help Desk ticket queue, allocating resources and communicating with staff as appropriate.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and fixes network, printer, or desktop problems as necessary.
- Proactively maintains hardware equipment, printers and networking equipment as necessary and ensures that supplies are available.
- Assists users with routine application and hardware problems, sharing best practices and application knowledge with users.
- Responsible for management of technical knowledge-base for internal IT and users to access.
- Responsible for handling problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up for user problems, coordinating more complex problems to Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical staff
- Deploys and maintains travel laptops.
- Provides formal and informal training to users.
- Documents technical systems process and procedures and gets actively involved in promoting new technologies or new systems or procedures.
- Provides leadership and visibility in ICT to our client and external organizations; supervises IT support engineers and other KCT consultants on procurements, project start-ups, and technical assignments to ensure adherence to regulations and procedures; and works with other KCT departments to standardize home office and project office set up to accommodate enterprise application deployment and other new technologies .
- Performs duties consistent with full understanding of Chemonics requirements, policies, and procedures, tools, quality standards, and broader Chemonics’ internal and external client strategic goals.
- Takes direct, appropriate and timely action to meet client needs and resolve basic issues.
- Approaches problem solving collectively with senior staff and internal and external clients to achieve a mutually beneficial result.
- Provides internal and external clients with clear, complete explanations.
- Works with team members to help build consensus.
- Possess a thorough understanding of IT support and consulting to problem solving, strategic and programming decisions including promotes and applies consistent approaches to IT support including infrastructure, hardware and software, internal and external web sites and Internet access.
- Effectively communicates the functions, roles and responsibilities of IT support and consulting within the department to internal and external clients.
- Maintains and expands technical knowledge in IT support and consulting and user support by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics practice networks.
- Contributes to the expansion of Chemonics’ knowledge management system.
- Speaks and writes effectively concerning IT support and consulting such as applying Federal Acquisition Regulations and other government regulations as they pertain to IT procurements; provides input to Procurement Action Requests and IRM submissions for technology-related procurements; and user support announcements, updates, and responses in a timely manner according to the service level agreement.
- Consistently produces work products in conformance with Chemonics’ and clients’ standards.
- Undertakes assignments on projects or special initiatives as appropriate.
- Liaises regularly with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs.
- Develops tools, guidelines, and training materials consistent with corporate policies and best practices for new business efforts.
- Manages relationships with external clients, vendors, partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation.
- Take on proposal roles, including but not limited to corporate capability and/or past performance writer, mentor, and reviewer.
Management and Leadership
- Consistently demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative.
- Attracts, recruits, and recommends hiring of new staff that fit the profile of the Chemonics professional.
- Participates in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials and tools.
- Effectively trains and mentors staff on Chemonics tools and systems.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow professionally.
- Facilitates meetings, and is responsible for developing agendas to achieve stated group goals, documenting progress, agreements, and issues and providing follow up assistance to groups.
- Defines team roles and responsibilities clearly and concisely, promotes strategies for effective teamwork and leadership development, and cultivates collaborative working relationships across the company.
- Minimum three years technical help desk experience with increased responsibility or team lead experience
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, manage, and support network environments. Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, networking, and PC hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Help desk manager certification desired
- Experience with Cherwell/FootPrints a plus
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4-8 weeks per year and to consider long-term overseas assignments.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Supervisory exp erience a plus.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred
Apply directly to the position at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2494 or through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by June 15, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time