Job Title: Catering Concierge FLSA&CA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Purpose Summary
Increase sales, by connecting Vintage Grocers’ offerings to our Guests, through: catering sales; gift basket sales; in-store promotions; activations & events; vendor demos; special orders. Maintain cleanliness in support of a productive and profitable store, including product quality and presentation, portion control, speed and efficiency, and cleanliness. Assist Guests with their orders and preparing them to Guest specifications. The Catering Concierge is supportive of the Management team by example and with integrity.
Our Core Values
Essential Job Duties
- Meaningful Commitment
- Exceptional Service
- Empowered Team Members
- Strong Character
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Communicate and educate our Guests & Team Members about upcoming events, promotions, sales, and activities via calendar appointments, forms, and forecasts.
- Coordinate internal, external (phone, email, outreach via ‘thank you’ note) for catering and gift baskets.
- Coordinate and book all vendor demos, as well as, Vintage Grocers in-store demos.
- Book promotions, activations, and events to support seasonal marketing plans.
- Process special orders from client suggestion to final selections, as well as, ensuring proper communication of special orders to Guest and Team Members.
- Manages portion control. Restocks designated area. Counts and/or weighs delivered items. Works within established inventory and cost controls.
- Keeps the store clean and maintains deli facilities as needed and/or directed by Management. Maintains personal hygiene as prescribed by law and Vintage Grocers Dress Code standards.
- Follows all Company safety and security policies and procedures. Maintains proper temperature of food product. Complies with health code regulations, including but not limited to hairnet and glove usage.
- Communicates effectively with the Team to ensure good operations.
May perform similar and incidental duties as required by Management.
College and/or Culinary School Preferred (or combination of education and experience).
Retail, Culinary or Hospitality Experience preferred.
Good interpersonal communication skills, computer literate (MS Suite, especially Outlook and Excel). Ability to quickly make and execute decisions regarding food quality, quantity needed, and cleanliness.
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Ability to perform basic math, financial reporting, weight and measures, and basic algebraic formulas.
Individual must have reliable transportation to arrive at work on time. Valid Class A driver’s license; abiding traffic laws and a clean driving record.
Ability to maintain a high level of patience with others. Requires working closely with co-workers for long periods of time.
Reports to the Store Director.