The Gibson D. Lewis Library at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Library Assistant (Part time, Hourly) to join our team. This position is primarily responsible for facilitating access to health information. Part time Library Assistants increase library patron access to research information by organizing and processing collections, furnishing assistance in the acquisition of materials, and providing assistance in the use of library technologies. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Physical Job Requirements:
- Assists with organizing and processing collections.
- Provides in-person customer support.
- Utilizes integrated library system to create and edit content.
- Provides departmental project support.
- Assists with managing the physical collection of the library
- Performs routine circulation transactions, including handling monetary transactions.
- Appropriately documents unusual transactions and forwards them to supervisors, when necessary.
- Handles facility and equipment problems observed and reported, either by reporting them to the supervisor or the appropriate office.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to patron questions and complaints communicated in person or by telephone.
- Enforces departmental policies and procedures and interprets them for patrons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. Must be able to use a step stool or ladder bend, stoop, and/or crouch push and pull lift up to 20 lbs.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and one (1) year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Associate's Degree.
- Experience using integrated library systems and electronic resources for research.
- Library experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to adapt to change, new systems and procedures.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment in a professional manner.
This position is for exclusively night and/or weekend hours.
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?