$12.00-$12.30 per hour
1st, 2nd, 3rd
8 hour shifts
Would you like to work for a company that is making a difference in the world? This company is making a small difference in the world by being a landfill free company! They strive to make a positive long-term impact through their business. They have sorting bins in every location and office, they have dedicated team members that even double check the accuracy of all sorted waste. This facility even sends all non-usable product to be converted into dog food! How great is that? QPS is proud to work with this company. We even provide transportation out of Burlington for 2nd shift! If you don't need the transportation, great we can still offer you a job that is a temp to hire production position on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Come apply and join a world changing team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lift log of meat out of container and put through sanitation conveyor then slice casing off of meat with required tool.
- Load meat that has casing removed to a cart for slicing.
- Pick up sliced meat from conveyor belt, place sliced meat into molder, and make sure edges that will be sealed are free of product.
- Collect excess bags of odd meat, take bags by cart to machine, lay bag flat on machine, seal bags by pushing button, and then label bag and document accordingly.
- Visually inspect meat for any abnormalities.
- Open folded boxes to place packages in, place required amount of packages into box, label boxes, then slide/lift boxes onto conveyor belt or place on pallets.
- Dispose of non-quality meat properly.
- General Housekeeping.
- Must be able to reach, bend, grasp, and push on a frequent, repetitive basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs non-repetitive.
- Must be able to work at line speed with the ability to make coordinated hand and finger movements.
- Must be able to stand up to 8-10 hours.
- Must be able to work in cold (35 to 40 degrees) temperatures.
- Must be open and able to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Must pass QPS screening process.
- Must welcome change and have a continuous improvement state of mind.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other team members.
- Transportation available to work.
- Hire on bonus once completing 480 hours.
- More available once hired.