Who we are
BBN Technologies is a premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit. This is an opportunity for entrepreneurial scientists and engineers to start and lead new R&D areas at BBN Technologies. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to explore their own research agendas, organize and direct teams of bright scientists and engineers, and conduct important work.
What you would do
We're looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated engineer to help lead the integrated expansion of our autonomy R&D portfolio and other areas. The candidate must have a familiarity with autonomous technologies and how they are deployed in systems in use by the DoD and the intelligence community, including ground, maritime, undersea, air and space domains.
We seek someone able to understand component technologies, software and systems and craft an integrated plan to lead BBN forward in this area. The candidate would need to be highly conversant with system engineers and other stakeholders within the government and other parts of Raytheon. The ideal candidate has a strong background with DARPA or IARPA, and relevant military experience and operational understanding. Candidate should have a long term interest in growing business skills, scope of business responsibility, and organizational breadth.
What you need
- A Bachelors degree with Masters degree strongly preferred in Physics or related discipline and 12 years of experience or PhD and 8 years of experience
- Ability to shape and lead research efforts in forward leaning technology areas.
- Proven track record in formulating and leading programs, writing successful proposals, standing up research teams, and executing projects successfully
- Hands on experience with business and program management in technical areas
- Ability to interact with government customers and decision-makers.
- Position may require some amount of travel
- Willingness to apply and be granted a US Government security clearance.
Additional Skills that would be Awesome!
- Active TS+ clearance highly desired.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. 166021
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.