At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the KubeVirt project. In this role, you will design and implement management solutions for Containers and Virtual Machines, contributing to industry-leading technologies as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Libvirt and QEMU. As a part of a geographically distributed team you will collaborate with multiple Red Hat engineering teams and Open Source communities around the globe. Self-motivation, curiosity, passion for problem solving, Linux technologies and Open Source are highly valued skills and experiences for this position.
Primary job responsibilities
- Play an active role in container and virtualization related projects and communities as KubeVirt, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Become responsible for the quality of our offering, participate in peer code reviews, continuous integration (CI) and respond to security threats.
- Lead technical architecture and design discussions with peers from both within and outside of the team.
- Coordinate with team leads, architects, and other engineers on the design and architecture of the offering
- Work with our Red Hat's global customer support team and partner support teams on resolving customer issues
- Work with the Quality Engineering team to ensure projects are tested correctly
- Publicize the team's work through blogs, web postings, or conference talks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent working experience
- Interest in the container ecosystem (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Thorough knowledge of how client applications communicate over HTTP with services located on different web properties
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies with minimal guidance; willingness to learn and work in languages like Go and ReactJS
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
The following are considered a plus:
- Familiarity with Bare metal provisioning, virtualization, clusters and container-related technologies
- Open source development experience
- Experience in web application development in a microservices architecture
- Operations or SRE background
- Familiarity with container-related technologies
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.