Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA)
Is this an internal only recruitment? No
Position Title Public Comm Specialist - Journey
Working Title Communications Manager
Position Number 20035463
Vacancy ID P011795
Budgeted Hiring Range $43,000 - $54,000
Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.
Salary Grade Equivalent GN10
Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-Limited Full-Time Permanent
If time-limited, estimated duration of appointment
Hours per week 40
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Department Name and Number Maternal and Child Health-464501
Date First Posted 06/30/2020
Closing Date 07/17/2020
Position Location Chapel Hill, NC
Position Posting Category Public Relations/Communications/Marketing
The overall goal of the MCH department is to improve the health status of mothers, children and families through:
1. Education of public health professionals for MCH leadership in complex adaptive systems.
2. Development of competencies for teaching the core public health and MCH functions.
3. Assessment of needs for training, continuing education and workforce development.
4. Provision of continuing education using mixed modalities and contemporary technologies.
5. Provision of professional consultation and technical assistance to domestic Title V and global MCH agencies.
6. Research and dissemination of new MCH knowledge.
7. Advocacy and policy development on behalf of mothers, children and families across systems of care and the life course.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Inclusive Excellence is a core value at the Gillings School of Global Public Health. We expect our faculty and staff to actively contribute to fostering an academic workplace climate that is welcoming and supportive for all.
Working under the direction of the project’s Communications Director and Senior Collaboration Manager, this position will be responsible for coordinating the internal and external communications efforts and online training platform for the Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center (MHLIC). The MHLIC also serves as the coordinating center for the recently funded COVID-19 telehealth response program called Supporting Providers and Families to Access Telehealth and Distant Care Services for Maternal Health Services.
The position will execute the comprehensive communications plan for the Center, including the COVID-19 telehealth response program, by promoting the program, managing the website and providing branding, and providing marketing and public relations expertise to the team. The position will ensure all training materials are appropriately posted and marketed to the Center’s training website. This position will also work closely with the Center’s evaluation team to translate and disseminate relevant results to stakeholder audiences, including the funder and the Center’s partners and customers. This person will serve as a liaison to our various partner organizations, including a third-party communications team on the COVID-19 telehealth project. The four primary functions of the position include: 1) Branding and Content Development, 2) Website development, Maintenance and Analytics, 3) Partner Liaison, Coordination, and Elevation, and 4) Communication Strategy and Promotion.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to produce high-quality training products.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Social media business accounts (i.e., Facebook Business and Ads), Canva Design, Constant Contact newsletter building, Adobe, Wordpress and Squarespace
- Ability to coordinate multiple project activities and co-lead the Center’s communications activities.
- The individual in this role is expected to take initiative, engage internal and external collaborative partners and develop and implement core communications activities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail is essential.
- Attention to confidentiality and understanding of the political considerations associated with this training center are critical.
- Thorough understanding of ways to frame messages with an equity-centered lens, with careful consideration of audiences and images used
- Demonstrated experience with website design and maintenance, social media management and promotions, creating and disseminating newsletters, some graphic design platforms, and analytic reporting
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and respectfully with a people from different disciplines, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and manage occasional increased workload volume.
- Willingness and ability to travel to out-of-state program sites and conferences.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Stimulus/ARRA Funded No
Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/181495
Office of Human Resources