The Strategic Marketing Leader position is aligned to Cigna Medical Group's Marketing organization and is responsible for the development and execution of CMG’s marketing plan across all lines of business, including Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and IFP. This individual will drive the execution of the marketing strategy by leveraging multi-channel approaches, as well as a test and learn process with the goal of increasing patient engagement, acquisition, retention and overall satisfaction.
Reporting to the Provider Marketing Director, this role requires a strong strategic mindset, ability to work with and influence CMG clinical/operational leadership, U.S business marketing and Centers of Excellence (COE) partners. Candidates will possess a strong ability to operate in a dynamic, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategic business plan development: In partnership with CMG clinical and operational leadership, as well as health plan functional business partners and sales/management teams, this individual will assist in the development and execution of the CMG business plan.
• Marketing plan development: Develop and manage the execution of CMG marketing initiatives to ensure successful implementation and desired results. Elements include investment opportunity analysis, market research, direct to consumer communications, digital/social, community engagement, and more.
• Accountable for overall development of external Marketing and Communications strategy & plan, as well as general and/or customer specific Marketing materials:
‒ Development of CMG market message and health center collateral; ensures Spanish translation support when needed
‒ Development of standard or custom CMG content/materials to support health plan sales and account management in each stage of new or existing client/customer conversion opportunities
‒ Patient acquisition & retention Marketing efforts; overall patient communications & ongoing patient engagement/health campaigns
‒ Supports development of value proposition positioning and messaging regarding CMG services. Ensures value prop/message and Brand consistency across all business line communications.
‒ Ensures careful coordination of timing and integration of communications plans to avoid duplication and customer confusion
‒ Responsible for initiating regulatory filings and compliance review
‒ Management and execution of market research/competitive intelligence/patient experience and special projects
‒ Digital & social strategy & execution; oversees maintenance of website
‒ Identifies opportunities for Public Relations, including social listening, robust content delivery and social leadership presence
‒ Supports health center leadership with external messaging
‒ Identifies metrics and tracks campaign metrics and ROI; captures learnings for continuous improvement.
• Conducts baseline market assessment across all lines of business: competitor analysis, local market dynamics and emerging trends, market share, target consumer needs assessment, sizing and segmentation, demographics, channel analysis and regulatory scan. Summarizes insights and provide recommendations, supported by a solid fact base.
• Responsible for overall budget management and submissions (invoicing)
• Serves as the central point of contact to CMG leadership; engages with Marketing COEs as appropriate
• Serves as CMG subject matter expert and central point of contact for AZ health plan sales organization; acts as liaison between Cigna Sales and CMG clinical/operations team (e.g., develops content to train centers on process changes)
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent field; MBA or master’s degree in marketing preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of marketing and business strategy experience, ideally in a Sales and/or Marketing environment.
• Health care industry experience is required.
• Executive presence to gain confidence of and influence senior leaders and partners across the organization.
• Ability to identify strategic needs, with little or no direction.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment across multiple functions.
• Experience managing multiple priorities and executing strategy/initiatives within time constraints, budget and quality standards.
• Excellent facilitation skills, as well as oral and written communications.
• Comfortable developing executive level presentations and supporting delivery.
• Skills in data and market research analysis, market segmentation and penetration, primary and secondary research.
• Experience in producing marketing communications programs across various media.
• Lead and quickly demonstrate credibility as a subject matter expert in market strategy rooted in knowledge and experience, business acumen and successful relationship management within a matrix organization.
• Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed; continuous learner.
• Ability to influence, build and leverage internal relationships.
• Adaptable and flexible; open minded, innovative and creative – seeks ‘out of box’ solutions.
• Open communicator; excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Business leadership and judgment skills; drives results.
• Customer focus
• Cultural sensitivity
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com