Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the Sales and Operations Planning team, while delivering on the strategy to create a demand-driven organization. This role is responsible for leading the implementation and execution of industry best practices and overall maturity evolution of the S&OP processes, in collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior executive leaders. The Sr. Manager of S&OP, is responsible for the development of the team’s strategy, managing all aspects of the S&OP process and strategic initiatives while contributing to the overall product supply reliability in order to maximize profitability.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates a roadmap to improve enterprise S&OP maturity and ensures overall health of the S&OP process.
- Sets goals for the S&OP team, develops organizational capability, and models how we work together.
- Communicates and enforces key S&OP responsibilities and practices to business partners.
- Supports the implementation of business initiatives to ensure the success of the company.
Planning and Execution
- Develops processes for the S&OP team that align with business goals and objectives.
- Defines key strategies and creates synergies across S&OP product teams to advance the vision.
- Provides support for key initiatives. Develops relationships with cross functional teams to ensure cohesive strategies and outcomes.
- Identifies and lead opportunities for continuous improvement across a cross-functional group of stakeholders.
- Provides expertise and leads implementation of industry best practices for demand and supply review, MBR, exec S&OP and S&OE.
- Understanding of financial planning process and impacts to business functions.
- Provides support for multiple customer groups inside and outside of Supply Chain. Develops interpersonal relationships across all S&OP disciplines.
Partner Development & Team Building
- Provides partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities while building a high performing team.
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve outlined goals.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
Summary of Experience
- Leading S&OP teams 10 years
- Leading cross functional teams 8 years
- General experience in large, matrixed organization 10 years
- Process analysis, design and deployment 8 years
- Progressive experience in planning and forecasting 10 years
- End to end supply chain knowledge 10 years
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.