Fortune 8 CVS Health has an exciting opportunity for an Investor Relations Director to join our dynamic team. As the Investor Relations Director you will report to the SVP, Investor Relations (IR) and work collaboratively with the team to develop and execute a comprehensive, proactive IR program aimed at maximizing the company’s long-term shareholder value. You will support developing and executing CVS Health’s overall investor relations strategy.
Primary responsibility for competitive analysis and positioning to ensure the IR team and company leaders understand how CVS Health is positioned among its peers to effectively develop and communicate strategic advantages to the investment community. You will work closely with Enterprise Financial Planning to ensure company forecast and messaging is in alignment with expected financial results, work collaboratively with the business units to understand competitive dynamics and interact with sell-side analysts and buy side investors as required.
Directs Competitive and Valuation Analysis:
- Directs competitive research and analysis, including valuation analyses vs. industry peers, "what if" scenario analyses, and sir work as required. In conjunction with this responsibility, creates a quarterly report for senior leadership that will enable a clear understanding of CVS Health’s valuation and competitive position versus its industry peers.
- Oversees the analysis of CVS Health’s sell-side analyst models and compares their forecasts to CVS Health forecasts to derive insights from the variance analysis to understand street expectations and assist with messaging.
- Works closely with IR team and Finance colleagues to ensure clear understanding of analyst views and internal forecast, ensuring external expectations are aligned with company forecasted results.
- Oversees the analysis for, and creation of, periodic feedback reports about the company's stock price, relative valuation, brokerage analysts' estimates and perceptions, perceptions and opinions from analysts and investors, industries and peer companies, and stock market dynamics.
- Supervises and documents the collection, analysis, and reporting of feedback from analysts and investors, about their perceptions of CVS Health and its IR program.
- Performs other ad hoc analysis as required.
Creates or assists in creating presentation materials for conferences, road shows, analyst day and the IR section of the web site:
Educates and updates investors and analysts:
- Annual report: theme, content, design, production, and delivery.
- Quarterly results and other financial news releases.
- Periodic updates of the outlook for the quarter and full-year results.
- Collaborates with IR team on the IR website section and content.
Provides support to the company:
- Creates value-driver-based investment messages in collaboration with the SVP for on-going communication.. Assists with the preparation and updates of key messages for earnings materials.
- Keeps shareholders and the sell side knowledgeable about the company’s competitive positioning, financials, operations and prospects for growth.
- Support the SVP, IR and Senior Director of IR to create and maintain proactive, timely and consistent communications with analysts and existing and potential investors through company sponsored events, one-on-one and group investor and analyst meetings, road shows and sell-side sponsored investor conferences.. Ensure that senior management's time is maximized for greatest coverage.
- Collaborates on company decisions that will create (or potentially harm) shareholder value.
- Gathers competitive intelligence through competitive research efforts.
- Collaborates with External Reporting, Enterprise FP&A, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Strategy, and other business units, as needed.
- Leads his or her own IR professional and career development.
- Remains current on economic, political, regulatory, industry, and stock market outlook.
- Understands, in depth, the company’s leaders, strategies, business units/operations, technologies, and financial performance expectations.
- Remains current on changes in accounting, financial industry regulations, and other topics important to the operations of CVS Health.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in investor relations, finance, business development and/or planning and analysis for a public company or investment firm.
- Managed Care experience strongly preferred.
- Energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor with an insatiable appetite to learn.
- Outstanding financial and investment analysis skills, oral and written communication skills, and presentation ability.
- Clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock.
- In-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and ability to establish new relationships quickly, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills: strategic thinker, superior intellect, and outstanding ability to collaborate effectively with the IR team, business partners and leaders to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, with expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Masters degree, MBA, CPA or CFA along with IRC preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.