Chicago, IL, USA Req #8168
Monday, February 22, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager calls on architects, designers, and national accounts. The BDM is responsible for direct promotion of Metl-Span insulated panels to Architectural firms, Engineering firms, Design Build firms, and targeted Owners/Developers. The BDM Conducts research and creates targeted activity to align efforts with growth initiatives within Metl-Span. Meets with targeted customer base one on one for specification of MS products. The BDM conducts lunch and learns with targeted customer base. Attends and presents MS products at local, regional and national tradeshows and CSI/AIA events. The BDM Travels within geographic assigned markets to develop basis of design specifications. Provides follow up on all leads generated through marketing efforts, E-lead program or other sources provided by MS. Supports pipeline management activities through use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and actively communicates bi-weekly with independent representatives within assigned geography. The BDM interfaces with independent representatives and various Cornerstone Building Brands teams to support conversion of specifications to orders.
- Developing lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with Customers of Metl-Span, Independent Sales Reps, and internal Metl-Span departments and associates
- Meeting or exceeding annual targeted Specification and targeted Order goals through specification development and substitution efforts and collaboration with independent representatives for successful order attainment.
- Development of targeted architectural firms, engineering firms, design build firms and owners for specification efforts aligned with the strategic direction of Metl-Span (as directed annually).
- Planning my activities for cost effective travel throughout the assigned territory with sales calls to targets.
- Taking action on customer concerns, investigating situations and recommending solutions
- Demonstrating skills necessary for clear communications, active listening, effective presentations, and collaboration with independent representatives to secure specifications and orders.
- Working with peers and management in a way that leads to a culture of best outcome, for Metl-Span (NCI) rather than a specific department
- Understands the sales and specification processes and thrives on the direct promotion of products to architects, building owners, engineering firms and design build contractors.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional sales role with experience in architecture, engineering or design preferred
- Experience driving opportunities through the sales pipeline from early inception to close
- Knowledge of the construction process, practices, procedures and documents.
- Preferred knowledge of CSI master specification and CSI procedures
- A combination of technical and interpersonal skill sets is necessary to be successful.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
Job Family Business Development Pay Type Salary Travel Required Yes