LRJ Transportation We invite you to Come Grow with us.
Seeking qualified Class, A, B & C Technicians Gas ASE Certifications are a plus but not necessary.
- Are you tired of working for shops that can't deliver what you were promised?
- Are you looking for a flexible schedule to accommodate your family life balance? “Days, Nights and Weekends''
- Are you looking to join a company with the opportunity to grow and advance?
- And are you looking for security and reward for good work?
If so, then you have found the right company. LRJ Transportation is a Fleet Service company, dealing with our transportation vehicles only. “No outside customers”.
With over 450 vehicles in the fleet, we can guarantee you 40 hours per week, and ample opportunity for OT.
Full time or Part time positions available, Day and Night Shifts Available
Must be proficient in Oil changes, Tire Mounting & Balancing, Steering & Suspension. Brake Jobs, Check engine light diagnostic & Repair. Troubleshooting Driver Complaints.
If any of these item's sound like a place you want to work, keep reading.
Why Work with Us: Keep Reading!
- Starting pay is up to $30hr based on experience and skill level.
- Exceptional benefits available within 30 days of the following month from date of hire, medical/Dental/Vision.
- 401K available. Company contribution in 2022.
- 5 Paid Days off first year, 5 additional days off 2ndyear of service. Paid major holidays for a great work/life balance.
- Testing reimbursement for ASE Certifications
- Paid Training
- State of the art equipment
- Well-equipped shop.
What You'll Do:
- Performs work that is indicated on Assigned Work Orders.
- Work on Small Delivery Box Trucks to Class 8 Tractors.
- Performs all needed services on vehicles.
- Performs all repairs OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) or accepted industry standard procedures.
- Field service and repairs.
- Assures all repairs are necessary for the return to service.
- Test drives all vehicles when practical for any/all performance or drivability concerns before performing work. Exception: when unsafe or vehicle not drivable.
- Retest drives after repairs completed to verify that repair solved defined problems
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; cleans spills and debris immediately to reduce hazards
- Maintain company provided equipment and machinery
- Follows company OSHA and industry standard safety rules and regulations
- Reports all unsafe conditions to supervisor including but not limited to lifts, overhead doors, and equipment
- Attends all required training, seeks additional training to maintain and increase effectiveness
- Keeps up to date on industry trends and repair procedures.
- Attends and successfully completes at least 24 hours of continuing auto repair training per year sponsored and/or provided by LRJ Transportation.
- Maintains company vehicles in regard to cleanliness
- Verifies as soon as practicable that parts ordered for the vehicle assigned to them are correct.
- Performs digital inspection and documents to their full potential. Notates all pertinent information into the shop inspection or management system, attaches all photos or videos to illustrate repairs or needs to the inspection.
- Assures all comeback related repairs are prioritized as directed by manager or lead.
- Communicates effectively as necessary with managers, service advisors and other technicians to contribute to the overall performance of the location
- Responsible for the safety and accuracy of all repairs made and or systems inspected to assure vehicle is as safe or more safe condition as was prior to work commencing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Note: May require travel to different locations on an as needed basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the language(s) are required for the role, as justified for business necessity.
- Effective organization, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work scheduled hours as necessitated by business need.
- Math and computer skills with experience using software applications including word processing, browsers, and email.
- Service focused.
- Ability to drive vehicles equipped with manual transmission
- Knowledge of equipment/tool operation and diagnostic/repair procedures
- Maintains 100% productivity as measured by dividing hours worked by labor hours flagged
- Must Have a competent set of personal tools to perform all the work listed above.
Education & Experience/ Licenses, Certifications & Requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification (GED)
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
- Must undergo a background check.
- At least two years' experience as an automobile technician or mechanic.
- ASE Certifications Preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and or carry up to 50lbs
- Standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, reaching, lifting, climbing ladders
- Exposure to loud noises
Note: If you don't meet any of these requirements or qualifications please do not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
No external customers. All employees are following the CDC and state guidelines for COVID protecrion.
- Automotive repair: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location