TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN) - Mobile COVID Testing
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
LOCATION: Mobile Test Sites
DEPARTMENT: Primary Care
POSITION STATUS: Temporary FT - Contract
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Housing Works is seeking Registered Nurses (RN’s) for a new Mobile COVID Testing Initiative operated by Housing Works through a partnership with NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA). Under the Mobile COVID Testing Initiative, mobile testing teams consisting of NP’s, RN’s, MA’s and a Testing Coordinator, will travel to different HRA service locations, primarily in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Bronx, to administer COVID testing to clients and staff of facilities such as congregate residences, transitional housing programs, and domestic violence shelters. The RN is a critical part of the testing team, and under the direction of the Medical Director the RN will be responsible for adniminstering COVID tests, educating clients about the testing process and COVID safety, assisting with inventory of supplies, and clinical documentation. Housing Works will provide malpractice insurance for clinicians on the Mobile Testing Initiative and provides all employees with Peronal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to adhere to infection control guidelines.
- Travels as part of a mobile testing team to perform COBID laboratory tests at multiple HRA locations throughout NYC.
- Reviews and interprets test results and participates in reporting positive results to clients.
- Offers clients with positive results (and facility staff as appropriate) guidance on implementing HRA’s quarantine protocols.
- Conducts health teaching and counseling during the medical encounter, as appropriate, enabling the client to make informed choices about health and treatment options.
- Completes the client’s clinical record documentation in a timely manner specific to the applicable policies and procedures of the health center.
- Consults with or refers clients with observed abnormal conditions or other medical, psychological or social problems to the collaborating physician or other appropriate referral course when indicated.
- Provides coaching/mentoring/oversight to Medical Assistants in the areas of collecting vitals, electronic record documentation, and supply inventory.
- Understands the medical emergency procedures and is familiar with the location of the emergency kit/supplies in all clinic settings.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Participates in continuing medical education activities to enhance professionalism and to ensure quality of care.
- Provides on-call coverage as scheduled.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the health center to build a supportive team.
- Applies infection control measures according to agency and NYS DOH guidelines.
- Maintains professionalism and adheres to client confidentiality.
- Assists in orienting/precepting new staff when necessary.
- Provides and documents services in accordance with State, Federal, Medicare, Medicaid regulations as applicable.
- Coordinates with Director of Nursing to improve deficient services and the development and implementation of plan of correction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed by the State of New York. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience with persons with HIV/AIDS, histories of substance use and/or mental illness a plus. Experience working in a setting that promotes interdisciplinary care planning. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/ English)
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- nursing: 1 year (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Are you open to working a contract position?