Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies, have a start-up mindset and want to work in a proven "Best Places to Work" company?
Do you enjoy participating in technical projects, early prototyping, and being a technical force through proof of concept?
Are you seeking to discover new solutions in:
- Data management & next generation storage architectures
- Flash/PCM technologies
- Cloud storage
- Virtualization & Containerization
- Parallel programming for scalable services
- Automatic diagnosis, prediction, decision making, machine learning
- Network virtualization and programmable software-defined networks
- Distributed software architecture
- File systems design, security, deduplication, scalability and performance
The Advanced Technology Group is the innovation incubator within NetApp, responsible for researching, prototyping, and evaluating new ideas. We work directly with internal product groups to apply these ideas to existing and future products, thus having a directional impact on the Storage Industry. We also take pride in sponsoring university research and collaborate with research groups at many U.S. Universities.
In this role, you will participate in all phases of project development, from definition and design through technology transfer including:
- Concept Research & Analysis
- Software development, test, delivery
- Reliability & Performance analysis
- Publication generation and presentation both internally and externally
These positions will be located at our offices in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina and Waltham, Massachusetts
Experience with Kernel programming internals:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards- Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly with guidance from a technical leader- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices- Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan - Follow standard engineering principles and practices- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems Responsibility and Interaction:- Responsibility: - Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined- The individual works on complex problems with partially defined, larger scope- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts- The individual will begin to develop a technical specialtyInteraction: - Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required- Work independently- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position - Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects- Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others
UNIX, BSD, Linux, Windows
File system knowledge
Familiarity common file system architectures
In depth knowledge of one or more core kernel functions:
Network protocol implementation
Resource allocation and management
File system implementation
A minimum of 5 years of experience or PhD is required
Demonstrated ability to have completed complex technical projects
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.