Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
We’re seeking a traffic analyst to work as part of the Analytics team to communicate data-based successes and recommendations to Vox Media editorial teams. The ideal candidate is analytical and creative in their data analysis; enjoys getting their hands dirty in many different data sets to investigate any problems; and can clearly communicate results and recommendations to editorial staff.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Design, build and support both automated and ad-hoc web traffic reports and dashboards across multiple data sources
- Collect, manipulate and analyze data using multiple tactics and work to ensure data integrity
- Perform in-depth analyses of data and provide actionable insights for editorial team when interpreting and sharing results
- Document best practices and write how-to guides to support stakeholders across Vox Media
Bonus points for:
- You are comfortable with Excel; you can aggregate data from disparate sources in a consolidated view
- You are analytical and detail oriented, with a passion—not just for reporting data—but digging deeper to identify underlying themes around key trends, results and critical outcomes
- You are open to working with employees at all levels, including executive leadership
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
About working at Vox Media:
- Proficiency at using Excel formulas such as vlookup() and indirect(), and tools such as pivot tables and charts
- Experience in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and/or insights provided by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or other social platforms
- Familiarity with statistical methods that would allow you to project data points into the future or how increasing one metric would affect others
- Understanding of SEM, SEO, social media, YouTube, and/or email marketing best practices
- A passion for digital publishing; experience working in a fast-paced and fluid editorial environment
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.