Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 and 2019.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor to provide support to Edgewater Federal Solutions located in Frederick, MD.
- Supervise and aid 2 payroll administrators with semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll processing and off schedule payroll processing.
- Review payroll calculations to ensure accuracy and provide payroll to HR for final review.
- Will be the backup to payroll processing while the administrators are out on PTO.
- Records semi-monthly payroll related general ledger entries in accounting system (Unanet) and submits entries to Controller for review.
- Ensures proper payroll related tax registrations are complete.
- Ensures that the proper withholding SUI and WC states are open and closed as employees are hired and/or terminated.
- Supports HR and Management with Payroll related reporting.
- Assists with financial and payroll related Audits such as worker's comp audits and 401k audits.
- Process final pay checks in accordance with state law.
- Supervises the processing of child support payments and resolves any issues that may come up.
- Reviews any timesheet adjustments corrections.
- Ensures that employees are up to date with Time & Expense trainings.
- Ensures employees are DCAA compliant regarding timesheets.
- Ensures the data between accounting system and payroll system are in sync.
- Reviews monthly that approval groups are setup accurately and employees have been added to the correct project/task.
- Reviews all employees have the proper number of hours recorded in the month or have a proper explanation for variances.
- Ensures that the payroll policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Unanet
- Experience with Paylocity
- Experience with US Government Contracting Industry
- Experience with SCA employees
- Knowledgeable in DCAA compliance and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Payroll: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings