General Summary of Duties: Performs various clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, scheduling appointments, and verifying insurance benefits .
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promptly answer calls in a courteous manner, screen calls, and route clinical messages as appropriate.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established protocol.
- Obtain accurate information from patients and ensure all registration information is accurate and complete.
- Accurately read patient account balances to explain and collect monies due from patients.
- Collect and process accurate insurance information.
- Assist office manager with processing insurance claims and payments.
- File incoming electronic faxes and medical records appropriately in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Prepare letters, print letters, and complete forms as required.
- Maintain organization and efficiency of front office.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: High school graduation required.
Experience: Minimum of three years medical office experience, including medical billing experience and experience with OB payment plans. Experience with Electronic Medical Records required (eClinical Works preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- OB/GYN Medical Receptionist: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: