Job Description:Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but
are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Assist Senior DM/RM in implementing set
goals for the work group, developing organizational
capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Assists management teams with recruiting talent for
the area to select high quality talent for salons.
- Conducts salon visits on a rotating basis and
coaches and trains in each visit.
- Coach, develop and manage the performance of direct
- Manages through unusual events to maintain the
area’s operating standards at all times.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that
promote the culture, values and mission of PS
- Sets clear expectations, delegates and communicates
key responsibilities and practices to employees to
ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Assist management in driving sales and the
implementation of PS Lifestyle programs by
motivating and supporting their employees by
adhering to the action plans that meet operational
- Recognizes and reinforces salon accomplishments by
using existing organizational tools and programs as
well as by finding new, creative and effective
methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management
principles and practices creating an environment
where employees are valued and respected.
Planning and Execution – Assists management in executing
operational plans for the work group and manages and
- Assists management by following-up consistently with
employees to ensure accountability to plans.
- Accesses resources to support salon operations and
to execute initiatives.
- Assists management in monitoring and managing
area-wide salon staffing levels. Ensures effective
Beauty Professionals development, in order to
achieve and maintain area operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize
communication and filters communication concisely
and accurately in a positive manner.
- Assists management in reviewing salon environments
to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for
improvement in order to provide consultation and
coaching to their employees and take action to
achieve operational excellence.
Business Requirements – Assists management in providing
functional expertise and executing functional
- Assists management in analyzing salon level business
trends and results through salon evaluations,
indicator reports, productivity reports, and sales
- Leads by example and follows Sales Process, fully
executing each step to ensure each customer
experiences meets and exceeds their needs.
- Observes, coaches and provides feedback to
management in order to assist with developing
relationships with community partners to improve
customer experience and sales results.
- Walks through new salon opening with management in
advance of opening. Has plan of follow up mid salon
openings to ensure checklist has been successfully
managed. Sets standards for cleanliness and
- Communicates all potential concerns regarding level
of supplies and communicates promptly to appropriate
- Actively supports the selling process, and helps the
employee’s problem solve the process through
coaching and role play.
- Proactively identifies problems, embraces problems
as challenges to solve and coaches employees to do
- Responsible to follow up and follow through on all
IT and Facilities matters.
Employee Development & Team Building – Assists
management in providing employees with coaching,
feedback, developmental opportunities and building
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with
employees by understanding and addressing needs and
concerns. Challenges and motivates employees to
achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational
compliance requirements. Regularly checks in to
ensure Beauty Professionals have been trained to
adhere to legal and operational compliance
- Assists management with the timely performance
review process for all salon employees.
- Assists management in recognizing and reinforcing
individual and team accomplishments by using
existing organizational methods including all
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management
principles and practices to create and maintain a
successful team of employees, resulting in an
environment where employees are valued and
Summary of Experience/Requirements:
- Active state Cosmetology Manager’s License a must
Required to do basic manicures and pedicures a must
Reliable transportation and ability to travel weekly
Computer knowledge a must
Progressively responsible retail experience (1-2
Managing teams through leadership and coaching (1-2
Multi Retail-salon management experience in multiple
states (2+ years)
Experience selling (commission based sales or small
box specialty preferred)
Must have a passion for people!
Eligibility to work in the United States
On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk;
On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach
with hands and arms;
On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand
for a minimum of 6 hours;
On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift
and/or move 50 lbs.;
On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop,
kneel and crouch.
Direct Reports 5 or more based on assigned district.
This part-time position offers a commission based
District Manager may be required to work behind the
chair 2-3 days per week at the discretion of