OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
We are looking for results-oriented, driven individuals with a thirst for problem solving.
connect with us: azdeq.gov LinkedIn
Environmental Scientist Specialist
Drinking Water Inspections & Compliance Unit
Water Quality Division
At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
As an Environmental Science Specialist, you will be responsible for annual inspections of drinking water facilities throughout Arizona, drafting compliance documentation, responding to customer concerns regarding water quality and conducting water quality sampling and data analysis.
Level 1: $40,000-$45,000
Level 2: $45,000-$50,000
Level 3: $50,000-$55,000
Do you think you have the combination of commitment, passion, and talent to help drive this Agency to realizing our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Ideal candidate will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in hydrology, geology, environmental management/science, sustainability
· Experience in water treatment, and potable water distribution system operations desired
· Experience in water quality sampling, environmental assessment
· Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations, environmental sciences and research, AZ sources of pollution, best practices for preventing the release of pollutants, environmental research, investigation techniques and statistical analysis, Agency policies and processes,
· Ability to work in harsh environments including extreme heat, wind, rain, cold; able to hike long distances and lift objects up to 30 pounds; understand and apply environmental rules and statues; to follow guidance documents, standard operating procedures, and other technical instructions in performance of tasks; to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports; and to summarize completed tasks and/or monitoring data orally and in written communication
· Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks. Possession of and ability to retain a current valid state-issued license is required.
· 0 years’ experience for level 1, 2 years’ experience for level 2, 5 years’ experience for level 3 (at level 3 Master’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience, Doctorate can substitute for 4 years of experience)
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
Click APPLY to submit your resume
Arizona State Government is an AA/EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Hired employees will be subject to E-Verify. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Margarita Lane, [email protected] Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Having trouble applying? Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance