Support the Spacecraft Integration and Test Group activities.
1. Test equipment management. Maintain inventory of all group equipment, including location, assigned user, and calibration status. Coordinate equipment calibration and maintenance for multiple flight programs, 2 laboratories, 2 clean room high bays, and several hundred pieces of equipment.
2. Flight hardware test support. Work with engineering staff to prepare test procedures and work orders for flight hardware. Ensure all test reports, data, engineering changes, and other documentation are properly captured and archived.
3. Acquisition support. Work with engineering staff to define non-flight parts and materials for engineering development activities. Define group requirements for and maintain engineering hardware stock.
- Associates degree or trade school training in related field.
- 2+ years of experience in an office or lab environment performing similar duties.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory test and measurement equipment.
- Independent, self-directing, strong attention to detail, and able to apply own judgment in assigned tasks.
- Excellent keyboarding skills and 1 year of experience in the use of a Windows-based PC including proficiency with a database entry tool.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and learn new tasks quickly.
- Demonstrated effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with internal customers and external service providers.
- Able to collaborate with others in a teaming environment.
- Punctual, customer service-oriented, ability to follow up/through on tasks.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience.