Under general direction of the Resource Scheduling Manager, this position reviews, schedules and coordinates all Customer Care and Distribution short cycle work within a defined geographic area. Schedules employees and contractors with prioritized work to be performed daily and must ensure all necessary equipment, material and paperwork is available prior to work assignment. Monitors progress of all scheduled work throughout the day and must identify and communicate potential problems with completing work tasks on time. Adjusts work plans throughout the day to effectively and efficiently utilize all employees and contractors on assigned work.
This position also works closely with operations management to coordinate and communicate scheduled work plans, schedule adjustments, and employee performance concerns to minimize risk and achieve customer expectations regarding project completion. Conducts end of day performance reporting and next day capacity planning activities. Drives productivity through effective time and priority management skills and performance monitoring to ensure completion of daily work assignments.
Education and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field and five years of related experience. Related experience includes background in electric customer order work and maintenance of electric utility assets and facilities. Experience in scheduling work is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following capabilities:
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing:
- Thorough working knowledge of the job types and resources being scheduled, and a good understanding of work and business processes impacted by scheduling work.
- Ability to demonstrate a general understanding of the methods and practices for Meter and Service and Distribution short cycle work.
- Ability to identify and recommend the optimal work schedule for short cycle company resources utilizing analytical thinking, creative problem solving and sound reasoning.
- Ability to be perceptive, decisive, tactful, and assertive with recommended scheduling plans.
- Requires a strong ability to identify and resolve conflict, provide alternatives, and deal with pressure and difficulty resulting from scheduling related issues with customers, crews, equipment and work tasks.
- Proven administrative and technical abilities to deal with large volumes of data and deal with multiple priorities.
- Comprehensive skills in personal computer applications and preferred knowledge of Customer Care and Power Delivery work system applications.
- Working knowledge of Windows, word processing, databases, and spreadsheets required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information to other work groups in a concise manner.
- Proven ability to effectively with others in a team environment and build relationships with all customers and work groups.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in interpersonal relations, self-motivation, organization, dependability, anger management, leadership and team building.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Office and field working conditions. May require work beyond normal hours and occasional overnight travel. Must have a satisfactory work record including excellent attendance.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Minority/ Female/ Disabled/ Veteran