1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you interested in joining the ranks of world-class engineers who are excited about building software that matters to millions of people and improves their daily lives? We build software and systems to deliver simple, useful, and delightful experiences that improve people’s everyday financial lives.
- Develop code to transition from legacy ATM platforms written in C++, Java, and Knockout to modernized architecture using Go, Node, and Angular.
- Pilot and implement new and emerging test approaches such as robotic automation
- Efficiently research legacy code bases to ensure interoperability with legacy components implemented in, eg. C++, using techniques such as analyzing headers, library symbols, and low-level debugging
- Develop CICD pipelines to ensure accurate, repeatable deployment of code to distributed, physical devices.
- Develop and deploy cloud-based microservices using AWS and associated technologies.
- Work with product owners and Agile teams to understand, design, develop, and implement new features using engineering best practices, design guidelines, and principles.
- Promote DevOps best practices through measurement, education and standardized technology
- At least 2 years of experience working with C++/ C
- At least 2 years of experience working with Go
- At least 2 years of experience designing and implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines using Jenkins
1+ year of experience with Windows development
1+ year of experience with Linux development
3+ years of experience in Agile
1+ years of experience using Docker
1+ years of experience using AWS
At this time, Capital One Will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.