Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provides support in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core network infrastructure. This includes core network switches, end switches, network drawing, maintain current designs and well as developing future design requirements. Entry level or Journeyman level support for Sr. Admin Network Administrators.
- Provides support and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading application servers, SAN storage for production, test and development environments. These may include Windows based systems, and a variety of UNIX variants. Ensures that software updates, patches and configurations are maintained to current standards, assists with account creations and permission granting as well monitoring and tweaking system parameters to maximize system performance.
- Provides the lead and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core network infrastructure. This includes core network switches, end switches, network drawing, maintain current designs and well as developing future design requirements.
- Provides support in the configuration and maintenance of desk tops and software installation. Provides support in the area of IA support ensuring that all necessary patches and upgrades have been properly installed and configured. Performs scanning and other means of validation to identify potential threats as well as confirming proper configuration has been met. Areas of support include Windows based system, UNIX variants, Networks, and data base products.
- Takes directions and guidance from Sr. Network Administrators and Leads
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the locally established essential functions and meet the physical and environmental demands described below satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical, and environmental demands.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with Linux, MS Sever
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Basic network engineering
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Good communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 2-3 years’ experience
- High School/Associate’s Degree and eight 5-8 years of directly related experience.
- Certifications for IAM / IAT Level I / II in accordance with DoDInst 8570
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; and perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Occasionally handles emergency or crisis situations; frequently subject to interruptions, and multiple calls and inquiries. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- System Administration: 3 years
Required work authorization: